HubSpot Ideas

mattgeller

Integrate Facebook Messenger with Conversations

When people talk to us in Facebook messanger, the replies stay buried in MARKETING > SOCIAL > MESSANGER > AUDIENCE.

This is pretty useless. These should really appear in the Conversations Inbox with the rest of the messages we receive as an additional channel.

Thanks

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
October 23, 2019 03:05 PM

May 20, 2019 02:03 PM

Hi all-

Here is the beta form again! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc1YfaW9l9LPiF4B8U7s-KkTmIaey7oOPEp_885dXxxGBDf-w/viewform?...

As mentioned above this is a beta, so we are still working through a few things but it has been very successful so far!

Also,  we are working on adding this to the Chatflow experience and streamlining it with our other channels. Also adding Bot functionality. I don't have an exact timeline right now, but it will be within the next few months and I will provide an update as soon as I have a more firm timeline.

Thanks for the interest and all the feedback!

Cassie

April 11, 2019 05:43 AM

@JanJordaan Feel free to email me directly at cdewey@hubspot.com and I can follow up! thanks!

In Beta
April 09, 2019 07:26 AM

Hi! We have opened this up to a private beta. This will add Facebook Messager as a channel in your inbox. Please fill out the form below and we will get you access to the beta and as always please let us know if you have any feedback!

We are also working on the next iteration which will tie Facebook Messager in with Chatflows, which we expect to in beta later this month. 

Link to request beta access: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc1YfaW9l9LPiF4B8U7s-KkTmIaey7oOPEp_885dXxxGBDf-w/viewform?usp=sf_link

Re: Integrate Facebook Messenger with Conversations - changed to: In Planning
September 04, 2018 08:07 AM

77 Replies
HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Is there a specific subscription required to be a part of this beta? 

Thanks!

cwin033

I have been testing the Facebook messenger beta integration. It's awesome that you can escalate, reassign and answer messenger conversations like you can with chat.

Two challenges I have that it would be cool to explore solutions for:

1) it would be great to be able to merge a Facebook messenger contact with an existing HubSpot email contact in the future. at present I am blocked from adding an email address to a Facebook contact because that person is already a contact in CRM. So if an existing contact mesages you on facebook messenger they become a duplicate contact in your CRM. All good if you're operating at small scale, but can get messy when you have a lot of contacts and you're B2B.

2) will you be able to create chat flows for messenger in the future? at the moment i can create basic intro chat flows but not full conversations. the integration also forces you to use a welcome message, which can be troublesome if you are already using your own facebook messenger bot or a 3rd party tool

Interested to hear what others think about these challenges

Daveonearth
Participant

Would expect this to already be in??

travwhite
Contributor | Diamond Partner
It’s popped up in my portal today, not working as its only allowing me to see 1 of the pages I manage but threw out a support request.
Swanlight

I would love to see the integration between facebook messenger and Hubspot as most of my communications with customers take place in Messenger and I would love to be able to log these. Thanks!

Gretchen
Participant | Platinum Partner

Is there an update on this?

moyvera
Participant

Nowadays we have connected our fanpage to your Facebook Messenger integration (app 1) to talk to our users via the conversations section in Hubspot.

That fanpage has also connected another app that its work is to connect to a bot (app 2) to answer typical common questions.

Then, this fanpage is sending information to these two apps. Then if the bot knows an answer to something it replies to the user and the agent in Hubspot just wait for that possible answer to be sent.

Right now we have a specific requirement to be developed. That is to disable the bot if the conversation gets to certain point. Let's say disable the bot (app 2) if the user and the agent are just defining things related to close a deal.

Here I see two possible options:

1. I was trying to get the Facebook Messenger Identifier of the user in the conversation via your Hubspot API. I could't find this information. But if I have it, I can send this information to my app 2 and disable the bot for this specific conversation.

2. There is a handover protocol in Facebook (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/handover-protocol). Here two apps or more can manipulate the conversation ans share information among them. But here I don't know

if the Hubspot Facebook app has this feature available.

What can you recommend ? Is there any idea you have in mind ?

cc @jleow @hroberts 

bbatzorig
Participant | Diamond Partner

@moyvera We use second app (bot), which creates or updates a contact on CRM. After connecting HubSpot with messenger we had duplication issues. Both apps created contacts independently. So I created a workflow to trigger a Integromat webhook when a contact with original source drill-down 2 is equal to FacebookMessenger is added to a list. Integromat can extract page id and subscriber id, which are stored in identity-profiles array. We could parse the subscriber id from fbp-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy format and send custom field values to our bot. With CRM contact id information our bot is able to update the existing contact instead of creating a new one.

greenhub006
Participant

Let us know when we can access this in our accounts

bbatzorig
Participant | Diamond Partner

I understand that it is still in beta, but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. I suspect its needs Business Management permission in order to work properly.

Gabriel33Care

Absolutely urgent

viddychang
HubSpot Product Team

sinyang
Participant

Is there a way to link an existing conversation I'm having in Facebook with an existing Contact or Company?

So far it seems like once I enable this feature, any conversation I have in Facebook, creates a new Contact.

GlynC
Participant

Has there been an update to this yet. It seems obvious that a customers conversation records should also include all their Facebook Messenger records too. Can this still not be done?

sinyang
Participant

Hey @GlynC. HubSpot has already provided a solution to this. Check out this link https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/create-a-conversations-inbox#connect-a-facebook-messenge... and search for the "Connect a Facebook Messenger channel" heading. You should find steps to connect your Facebook messenger to HubSpot.

I've used this a couple of times, so let me know if you have any trouble setting it up.

CEOgurumuscle

Hi,

it seems that you work for Hubspot. I have been facing an issue with FB messenger for a couple of months. Unfortunately, nobody from Hubspot can't help. My Hubspot bot always stops in the middle of a chatflow. It just does not work with Hubspot. 99% other bot tools like Freshchat, Manychat and others simply work. It seems nobody has paid an attention to this trouble because this support ticket in Hubspot community has been there since 2019. You can try to message on on FB (guru muscle) or even visit www.gurumuscle.com. FB messenger simply does not work with Hubspot.

StephenW
Participant
Hi
Unfortunately, you are asking the wrong person.
I am a Hubspot user - rather than a Hubspot employee

--

This e-mail
message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is
intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorised
disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any
action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not
secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error-free as they can be
intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us
by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. King's Christian College
is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any
responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion
and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the College.