HubSpot Ideas

rhelfst

Integrate CTA Functionality with Drag & Drop Email/Page Editor

CTA functionality and data has been a boon for our marketing. Creating a custom module is a fine workaround, but it seems that fully integrating with the more intuitive editor would be a more user-friendly and holistic fix. 

Mises à jour HubSpot
November 04, 2019 08:24 AM

HI @brianserocke! At the moment there isn't anything concrete on the roadmap for that I'm afraid but there are ongoing conversations around the value brought to the email tool by some of these features of CTAs. To dig in a bit, if you were to add in a link-only CTA into the body of an email, rather than using a regular text link, what extra functionality do CTAs provide you with beyond the link tracking and click-map that is provided for all text links in the email? 

cc @DomRychlik 

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
March 27, 2019 02:59 AM

Hi @rhelfst, thanks for reaching out! I think that what you're looking for is possible today, as part of the existing "Button" modules for the drag and drop email editor under the "Link to" dropdown you'll find an option for "CTA" which will let you pick form your existing CTAs in HubSpot. 

Edit_Email___New_email.png

From within the drag and drop pages editor, you should get the standard "Call-to-Action" module that you can drag and drop on. 

Let me know if I've misunderstood at all. Thanks!

4 Commentaires
Statut mis à jour : Delivered
Shay
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi @rhelfst, thanks for reaching out! I think that what you're looking for is possible today, as part of the existing "Button" modules for the drag and drop email editor under the "Link to" dropdown you'll find an option for "CTA" which will let you pick form your existing CTAs in HubSpot. 

Edit_Email___New_email.png

From within the drag and drop pages editor, you should get the standard "Call-to-Action" module that you can drag and drop on. 

Let me know if I've misunderstood at all. Thanks!

brianserocke
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

@Shay Do you know if there is anything on the product roadmap to add the CTA option to the dropdown for text-based links inside a Rich Text module? We have found that text links outperform buttons for some of our clients and we'd like the ability to add text CTAs to the body of emails in the drap and drop editor.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 3.08.33 PM.png

Shay
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

HI @brianserocke! At the moment there isn't anything concrete on the roadmap for that I'm afraid but there are ongoing conversations around the value brought to the email tool by some of these features of CTAs. To dig in a bit, if you were to add in a link-only CTA into the body of an email, rather than using a regular text link, what extra functionality do CTAs provide you with beyond the link tracking and click-map that is provided for all text links in the email? 

cc @DomRychlik 

brianserocke
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

@Shay Thanks for getting back to me. Apologies for my delayed response. The only additional advantage of having a link-only CTA in the body of the email is to have the ability to compare the effectiveness of different CTA placements and types for a particular campaign by looking at its data alongside other related CTAs. If we know we're using a link-only CTA in the body of an email and a different (but related) CTA in the body of a blog post, it would be helpful to easily look at the performance of those CTAs side-by-side in the CTA section of our account. 

I realize that may not be a strong enough argument for officially adding it to the product roadmap. But right now, it's difficult for us to efficiently look at whether a link placed in an email versus somewhere else drives more conversions or desired actions. We can look at the campaign level to see which CTA versus email contributed more clicks but drilling down to the actual links is challenging. We're looking at this in our never-ending quest to use more efficient and informed tactics in our campaigns.

Thanks for your consideration.