HubSpot Ideas

pundir

Formatted tables in email templates and snippets

Often the most important information we want to provide our customers resides in nicely formatted beautiful tables (we usually copy from Excel and paste into Gmail). Unfortunately, Hubspot email templates and snippets do now allow tables. Hence our most common use case for templates and snippets is just wiped away, gone 😞

Hubspot should allow formatted tables in email templates and snippets.

35 Replies
KSM
Contributor

Yes. We really need this feature.

When I paste a table (taken from a webpage) into an email being created in HS, it loses is formattting. This "formatting loss" problem doesn not occur if I paste directly into an email being created in the gmail browser environment.

When an email containing a table is received and displayed in HS, the table look fine.

AleM

Hi Community,

It would be great if sales reps were able to insert tables into their personal text emails. Currently, it is not available and neither is the possibility of copying and pasting a table as it does not format. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Best,

A.

Kjager
Participant

100% agree with this.

As an engineering company we often need to go over many rows of data and information with our clients - and using bullet points gets to long and messy. I am trying to create standards and templates for our sales team, but without tables, it becomes too much work to use as a sales rep - and thus they do their own thing - often outside of the CRM. Sales folks will only use a CRM if it makes their life easier and without tables, i cannot make our sales team jobs easier....

KakarottoXR

Come on Hubspot!!!!! Get this done!!!!

SMaanju

This is big problem, specially in conversations. It defeats the entire purpose of using conversations.

Please Help to resolve this.

DSelby

Big problem for us too. Customers send us tables which we need to fill out/edit, and there is no way to do it through HubSpot! A clear development oversight on a basic necessity

MMASSOUBRE

I try to import in Hubspot email table drawn in word or excel, but this doesn’t work and they appear as a list …

I think this possibility would be interesting.

KWoodman

100% agree - to not be able to paste in a table of information into a response email sent from HubSpot is frustrating... 

DFWCityhomes

I vote for this. I would like to create a snippet with a table to put in notes on a deal to compare offers received for my real estate company. 

DFWCityhomes

I vote for this. I would like to create a snippet with a table to put in notes and emails on a deal to compare offers received for my real estate company. 

M4tr1xN30
Contributor

Agree with the above. This would be super useful and it's causing major issues for our support teams who need to paste table info from Excel.

rmgopaul

Agreeing with this as well

BUrlich

Totally! We need this urgently 

NHall4

We desperately need this. It's such a basic feature, I'm really surprised it isn't a primary tool. I end up having to send emails from Outlook that require a table, and they plays havoc with our branding remaining consistent.

SRiggs

We frequently need to paste data from Excel into our emails being sent from HubSpot - is there any way to do this? 

anna-ins
Participant

Given the original post is from July 2020, I don't hold out much hope of getting this critical feature added.  HubSpot, are you out there!?

AK510

Agreeing with this as well. My staff often creates tables that are needed for our emails and having to recreate in hubspot is a horrible experiance. 

prashant_modi

It would be really helpful to add this feature. 

SBarnett2

My client needs this functionality as they are transitioning from Zendesk where they can click a Macro which creates a preformatted table.  Their sales engineers complete the table to send parts and quantity details to customer service who then create a quote.

genmarcotte

It would be very useful to have the option to create a table in an email, a template and a hastag