HubSpot Ideas

ThomasF

Insert Dynamic Date in email

Hi,

It would be nice to be able to add dynamic date in an email template. A token pulling today's date for instance. For instance, we put the date of the send on the top of our Newsletter, this would avoid the need to update it on every send. 

Thanks

22 Replies
duartecarreira
Participant

Great idea, definitely need that one implemented!

kpatel4
Participant

I back this up. This is really a useful token where I can set the date of newsletter being sent out. 

dlyon

Agree and can't believe Hubspot can't figure this out. All other large email platforms have this - Pardot, Mail Chimp, etc.

For any automated emails or weekly communications, the date is ESSENTIAL.

Hubspot - figure this out please!

NicoleRBLP

Adding my two cents, would love this to be supported as well. In fact, there are a number of very basic merge fields that should be supported in HubSpot, not just the ones relative to contact information within the system. Here's many examples from GitHub:
https://github.com/agilecrm/campaigns-merge-fields

scubes13
Participant

I'd love to see the same sort of things. Here are a few examples that come to mind:

Hey (firstname), happy (today-Day)! => Hey John, happy Monday!

Do you have time for a call on (weekdays_from_now+1) or (weekdays_from_now+3)? => Do you have time for a call on Friday or Tuesday?

aapLondon

As @scubes13 mentioned, this is the exact use case that I need this for. Would love to see this in HS.

AdamSchifferli

Yes please!

omgjmay

this would be easy and seems like an absolute no-brainer. where is this feature?

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi,

Commenting for a customer here.

Would love to have this functionality!

cvalverde
Participant

100%

RebeccaAM

This is pretty basic and I'm honestly surprised it doesn't exist yet. Another upvote to get this function added 🙂

Lumen5KJ
Participant

Fully agree and fully support adding this functionality. My team asked me to add this into a upcoming email, and I now have to tell them that we can't do this in HubSpot.🙁

CRodriguez11

Wow, I am so shocked that we can't put the date in our automated emails. This is ESSENTIAL.

AStrong6

We're moving our sales sequences from Outreach to HubSpot - we were able to do this before switching and miss that feature.  Need functionality like @scubes13  mentioned above. 

So in the automated email we could say "Do you have time for a call on (weekdays_from_now 1) or (weekdays_from_now 3)?" And it would look like this when it sends, updating the day of the week based on when they sent it: "Do you have time for a call on Thursday or Monday?" 

ShiranA
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Can't believe this is not a thing yet

SLenner

I agree we need to be able  add the system or current date, like in Word or Excel 😆

Cherr01
Participant

How is this still not a thing? This seems like the most basic Email Marketing ability. 

MHermosilla

Any updates on this? 

gfire

+1 This is essential! 

Senn

+1 yes please