HubSpot Ideas

spatrizi

Inline editing in list view

It would be super-helpful if we could edit properties in the list views of Contacts, Companies and Target Accounts, instead of having to open the record, find the property, and then edit it.

The preview pane is helpful, but I often have property columns in the list views that aren't front and center in the preview pane, requiring me to click another button to find the properties. That's super-cumbersome when you need to edit multiple records - especially when each entry will be unique.

50 Replies
ASpivak

This is one of my biggest pain points with Hubspot. I truly hope this will become a priority to make life easier for users. 

GEiselt
Contributor

Please add this! Was a daily QOL feature for me when using Salesforce, disappointed to find it missing in HubSpot!

MRebakBA
Participant
Totally. There are some (at least they seem this way) basic ‘me too’
functionality items that would REALLY bolster the value of Hubspot and make
it less of a barrier when comparing the two.
SBritton

Troops.ai provides this in-lin editing capability with their grid product on Hubspot sales and marketing clouds - more details here https://www.troops.ai/product/grid

MRebakBA
Participant
Cool app... frankly, that's a lot of cake for what we'd use it for.
ChrisLuka
Participant
I'm already paying for HubSpot. Why should I have to pay *more *for such a
basic feature?
RFrary
Participant

🙌

DLopez333
Participant

Have to add this would be super helpful and save a lot of time! Please add this feature 🙂

scottflanigan
Participant | Gold Partner

100% need inline editing (and the relevant permissions to go along with it). Every client asks for this feature.

The "Preview" slide-out is nice but doesn't solve this need.

bashomosko
Participant

I find that working leads is best in a list view of contacts but I want to be able to quickly change lead status, jot down next steps, etc. 

Helli
Contributor

This would be extreme timesaving and good feature.!

Datisfy

This! Is there no easy way to change a property value quickly and without going into individual records for contacts or companies. This is ESPECIALLY important for non-technical people. That it doesn't exist doesn't make any sense to me. Major obstacle to loving HubSpot.

LMitcheltree

Yes!!!  Really need the ability to use inline editing.  I have several views setup for different teams and they need to be able to quickly edit certian fields. 

Inagreat

Yes, This would be incredible! 🙏

PHeurtebize

Yes, the fact you cannot do that is exactly the reason why i'm using Airtable when doing outreach even though i'd like to use hubspot only.

For all the people asking if an add-in exist, I've come accross that one https://www.devart.com/excel-addins/hubspot/#:~:text=To%20edit%20HubSpot%20data%20in,see%20which%20d.... It basically allows to use excel to update hubspot. Not fully ideal, and I haven't tried it yet but will give it a go till Hubspot add the feature.

ChaosFreak
Contributor

Don't hold your breath for this. Salesforce has had it for 15+ years but HubSpot never develops these types of simple, basic and necessary features.

ckelby

I agree 100%. In line editing would save me so much time!

Alexa_S
HubSpot Product Team

Hey all!

I'm Alexa and I'm the Product Manager for the Hubspot Index pages (where you can see all of an objects records in one table) - Thank you all for the rich insight and feedback on this idea! We've heard you loud and clear about the need and this is now under review! Feel free to reply here with any questions and I'll be sure to post updates to this thread.

Please keep the feedback coming!

Thank you,

Alexa

cluka

If I could upvote this twice I would.  My customers are constantly asking why they can't do this already.  They hate having to click from one contact record to the next just to change a status property on a customer.

JGolden
Participant

Cannot undestate the value of this one enough. Major flaw that has me working through other tools when organizing/processing my work. So much lost time depending on the preview fly-outs & navigating into all-properties across the entire portfolio.

1. Currently it limits our Deals Desk (and all other meetings using the data), trying to lead our Deal Reviews we're checking a dozen or more records with a large headcount of people. Cannot keep up with the pace of the conversation/drains minutes every click.

2. Having to drill-down to make updates/data-entry even while individually processing is such a time sink that takes away from team management. Repeatable tasks that could have taken seconds through inline editing take minutes & page changes, duplicated dozens of times a day through tedious clicking.