HubSpot Ideas

spatrizi

Inline editing in list view

It would be super-helpful if we could edit properties in the list views of Contacts, Companies and Target Accounts, instead of having to open the record, find the property, and then edit it.

The preview pane is helpful, but I often have property columns in the list views that aren't front and center in the preview pane, requiring me to click another button to find the properties. That's super-cumbersome when you need to edit multiple records - especially when each entry will be unique.

50 Replies
TPiotrowski
Participant

Really need to add this feature! Hoping Hubspot adds this in the near future.

swapneelrane

Yes, please try and include this feature in your roadmap.

TMortensen
Participant | Partner

Yes, please add this feature or let us know where it is found.

GDubois

Agree 100% - I may have to go elsewhere if this doesn't get updated

PSad

This would be a great addition and a massive time saver. Is there an addon or third party application that provides this? 

nickrambeau

I agree this would be a HUGE benefit of a feature. 

crichwine

I have several reps asking about this, which would also be helpful from an admin perspective.

Michael_Israel

Completely agree. This is common functionality in many other applications. I know it as "In-Line Editing". It is definitely a time saver and makes the user more productive. For example, if I'm working with a list of contact names, and I see that a phone number needs to be corrected (or even added), I should be able to do that from right in the list without having to open the contact record to do so. This would apply to many other fields in the list as well.

I encourage you to add this basic capability as soon as possible.

BDreher

Have the same problem. I need to give every account a "name for outreach" to use in sequences. We have a special property field for it.

We sometimes import 100-300 accounts and their contacts.

OEnterprises

Huge benefit all around, please add feature as soon as possible

rickym23

This is a basic CRM feature, is it not? I'm new to using HubSpot and I can't imagine why this isn't already a part of the service. 

MRebakBA
Participant

Been a Salesforce User (and 4x certified) for over a decade and my new business uses Hubspot... I'm shocked this does not exist. Huge pain the buttocks for sales people or support staff. Can't even change a status without opening the record. 

CStohs-Krause

Agreed! This is a major pain point for our customer success team, who are regularly making updates at the end of the quarter. It would save them incredible amounts of time to be able to inline edit a list view of their customers, rather than needing to open each invidivual company record, make the edit, save, go back, and repeat.

KSteepy

Love this idea - this is especially helpful when you're managing dozens of companies and need to continually update the same fields on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis. 

JJohnson3

I would really apprecite this feature. I work with several companies at a time and it is unwieldy to make changes to the same fields individually by opening each company page one at a time.  I have to update those same fields on biweekly and monthly bases.

arettler

Super support this, I've worked with prior systems where you have a dashboard/report and can inline edit the fields so that you can make many updates quickly across deals, customers, etc. Please prioritize and thank you!

JNovak

This feature would be a big time saver for myself and my teammates to make updates to multiple accounts. It's a lot of extra clicks to open an account, find the field I'd like to update, save it, then access another account and repeat multiple times. 

JYossi
I agree, this is a huge need for any HubSpot user.   We found a way to do this with Troops (https://www.troops.ai/product/grid).  Grid is Troops inline editor that lets me update multiple records at once.  I use it with both HubSpot and Salesforce and it's really powerful and easy.

ChrisLuka
Participant

I can't upvote this enough times.  When my sales reps have to click Company, then View All Properties, then search, just to update a field after a call, that's a royal pain, especially when they're working on a list where the fields are visible.  Please add this feature ASAP.  

TKolodny

This is one of my biggest pain points with Hubspot. I truly hope this will become a priority to make life easier for users.