HubSpot Ideas

stvrk

Inline edit for single and multiple line text properties in Line items

Sometimes a Line Item in a deal require some further categorization depending on specific circumstances of the deal. We've create a few custom properties that our reps can use to provide more details about the specific line item. 

One of these custom properties is a single line text property, and is used as a description for that specific customer and is included in the invoice we're sending.

Problem:Unfortunately, single line text and multiline text properties doesn't have inline-edit available. This means that our reps need to click the name of the line item (or click "Actions > Edit") and enter the information in the Product information editor (causes friction). 

In the screenshot below, Test property 2 single line is a single line text property, that cannot be edited in-line. This seems strange since "Term" is also a singe-line text property but is editable👇

Skärmavbild 2021-08-24 kl. 16.03.34.png

In contrast, Test property 1, which is a Multitple checkboxes can be updated directly from the the Deal Line item editor. this also works with Single checkbox, radio select, dropdown select 👇

Skärmavbild 2021-08-24 kl. 16.03.55.png

What is the reason for not being able to have in-line edit for Single/multiple line text properties? 

4 Comentários
Datisfy
Membro

THIS! Is there no easy way to change a property value quickly and without going into individual records for contacts or companies, etc.???

MarySas
Participante

Yes, it is really needed.

kgaskins
Participante

Agree. Please add inline editing for line items!

jagosta
Membro

I was confused for more time than I would like to admit why THIS custom property wasn't inline-editable, while other (numbers) were... that it is a text field is just silly. Even if you could let me click the "--" and open a dialog box for edits it would be a vast improvement over [Actions]->[Edit]->scroll-to-find-field->edit.