HubSpot Ideas

Flo_bi

Individualize deal field level permissions based on the deal pipeline

As a CRM admin / sales leader I want to have high quality data in my CRM and manage deals differently depending on the sales pipeline a deal is in.

Most deal pipelines use the same fields. However, I do want to differentiate who can edit which field based on the deal pipeline. While one sales manager should be able to e.g. manually edit the close date in pipeline x, the same sales manager should not be able to manually edit the close date in pipeline y.

This feature helps us to make HubSpot a usefull sales tool for larger sales teams as we are.

1 Reply
JKlebanow
Participant

If you have enterprise, you can customize the view based on pipeline and stage by breaking up the deal record into sections. In deal settings and "set the properties your team sees on deal records," add a new section and make that section conditional. 

You'll then be able to adjust the view based on each stage. If you want to control who can edit, go to the properties section and then individual click on the property you're looking to restrict and then "assign users and teams." Now, you can restrict who can edit each individual property. That's related to "field-level permissions."

As mentioned, you need enterprise to do it. 

I just submitted an idea on restricting view access for individual properties. Would appreciate an upvote if I was helpful.