HubSpot Ideas

jthng

Individual custom availability for team Meetings links for international teams

The team calendar should allow every member to customized their available time slots. In another words have the option for default availbility to overwrite customized availbility. 

This is because if i am looking to implement a 24 hours meeting link (i.e Customized availability is set to all day). If one of my colleagues are seated in the States while I am seated in Singapore, their 12pm is my 12am.

However due to the customized availability overwriting the default availability ---> if my colleague is not available at 12pm and I did not block off myself at 12am in my Google calendar, it will identify me as available and have the option available for selection in my meeting link. This resulted in me having to block off every day when I am off work in my google calendar and it becomes really cluttered.

It will be helpful if we have a feature to block off the timing that we are off work.

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
September 19, 2021 04:34 PM

Hi Community,

Sharing an update, as we are still actively reviewing this idea, and exploring potential solutions.

We are exploring solutions that would likely address this issue, and the idea for 'User specific time zones' together, as the root problems are very related. We will first look to explore ways to solve more holistically for user time zones, and apply that solution to this case. For example, once there is a central way to pull the timezone of a user, we can then apply that timezone to shared availability in a number of ways. We are hoping to avoid a solution that would introduce a way to 'set' a timezone for users specifically in a Meetings scheduling page, or he Meetings app, and instead "pull" from the user time zones from a more centralized user setting. 

I hope this context is helpful, we will update here and on the User specific time zones ideas once we have made progress and have a set plan for when this will be prioritized!

April 27, 2020 03:35 PM

We are currently reviewing the ability to set individual times for users of a team meeting link across multiple timezones. I will update here once we have plans in place for a solution.

Best,

Glen

81 Comentários
Swuoti
Membro

Adding a vote to this also. Essential to our business. Need to be able to offer multiple time zones as our sale team is global. 

gcohen
Membro

We definitely need this too. Seems the meeting scheduler is lacking in many ways, including being able to reschedule a time. 

KLio
Participante

Adding my vote to this. Is there any movement on this? I have teams based in AU, UK and US who all need to use the meeting scheduler - not to mention just the different timezones in AU or the US. 

glencornell
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi Community,

Sharing an update, as we are still actively reviewing this idea, and exploring potential solutions.

We are exploring solutions that would likely address this issue, and the idea for 'User specific time zones' together, as the root problems are very related. We will first look to explore ways to solve more holistically for user time zones, and apply that solution to this case. For example, once there is a central way to pull the timezone of a user, we can then apply that timezone to shared availability in a number of ways. We are hoping to avoid a solution that would introduce a way to 'set' a timezone for users specifically in a Meetings scheduling page, or he Meetings app, and instead "pull" from the user time zones from a more centralized user setting. 

I hope this context is helpful, we will update here and on the User specific time zones ideas once we have made progress and have a set plan for when this will be prioritized!

MollUser1
Colaborador(a)

This is absolutely necessary and missing in HubSpot. In Calendly you can set each availability according to each person and it takes automatically the timezone from the google calendar.

We have a few persons who take over different timezones, but they still need to have different availabilities.

When is this going to be implemented?

Lumen5KJ
Participante

My team could definitely benefit from having this functionality added.

For example, a BDR will be working in a different time zone next week and wants their availability to reflect this now without impacting the ability to schedule meetings in the current time zone this week.

As shown in the screenshot below, there is currently no way to accomplish this. Users are limited to a generic ongoing schedule. In a new era where workers are increasingly mobile and move between time zones more frequently, HubSpot needs to be more open to supporting greater flexibility in their availability window options for scheduling meetings.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 15.21.46.png

AGagnon
Membro

Yes this is a huge painpoint for our team as well. Even just syncing w/ Google Calendar availability windows would be an easy fix for this.

We'll likely need to move to new solutions like Chili Piper, Outreach, & LeanData if this is not resolved within the next month or two.

CBN
Top colaborador(a)

@AGagnon - sorry to say, but I suggest you start moving now. HubSpot has not done a single thing in this very basic area about being in a World with more than one time-zone for 5+ years.

So don't hold your breath, but use it to get an alternative solution up running.

LBennegadi
Membro

Agreed - Hubspot works with companies that have international teams, we really need this to be implemented asap. 

DKatz
Membro

It is fairly absurd that such a basic function - first highlighted 4 years ago - still had not been added.

SDunne
Membro

Can't believe this is still going after 4 years...not sure how this can be considered a properly global platform without it

nitem2
Participante

+1

Yo_Be_Low
Participante

Round Robin Calendar is completely unworkable if you have round-robin participants that are in different time-zones or if you have reps with different hours of availability. This has been a known issue for 5 years and nothing's been improved - doesn't seem like a solution will be forthcoming. So annoying.

Unfortunately, we have to ditch the round-robin meetings on Hubspot and go to Calendly. 

AimeeBell
Membro

Adding my vote to this. This is really the most vital function of a round Robin as it gives customers access to team members across multiple timezones and availability. I see this is ongoing since 2017, do we have any update on a timeline of a resolution on this? 

JonTemplin
Participante

Echoing many of the points that have been made previously on this.

With a team across multiple timezones, this is an extremely important functionality for any round-robin events. Without this functionality, the round-robin events in HubSpot are close to unusable.

Calendly manages this very smoothly through its "Availability" feature.

I also don't think dynamically identifying the timezones will necessarily solve the problem.

For example, one user might work 9-5 Eastern time, while someone else works 8-4 Pacific time. Just setting the timezones to be 9-5 in YOUR timezone won't address this issue at all.

JHZ
Membro

Can't believe this has not been fixed.

Nicolas33
Participante

+1 vote.

Custom team member is a must have for this kind of tool. In our tests, we had to define team member availability by creating fake events on our personal agendas. This is non sense. 

So, we decided to use Calendly in the meantime, hopping Round robin will be improved soon.

PS: Hubspot dev team should consider that some companies use Hubspot for BtoC and not only BtoB. From this point of view, you will see how we struggle with some features as the one we're discussing here 😉

LØrhøj
Membro

Any new updates on this topic, @glencornell ?

Just had another customer with a global sales team requesting this.

CBN
Top colaborador(a)

Thanks for asking @LØrhøj 👍

If you need use cases or review of your upcoming solution, please let me know @glencornell 

VVashista
Membro

Hi @glencornell any update on this request? This is a must have for remote companies operating across the globe.