HubSpot Ideas

annaishizeki

Increment HubSpot Score using Workflow

(Posted on behalf of a cutomer) 

It would be great to be able to use the property "HubSpot Score" in the workflow action to "Increment numeric contact property". 

The use case for this idea, is so that we can increment the HubSpot score everytime a contact visits a specifc URL. Currently we are only able to set the manual lead score to add a point when the contact vists/has visited the URL, and the point is added only once. 

It would great to be able to increment the score/ reenroll in the workflow everyitme the contact visits a specific URL. 

9 Replies
tadokoro
Member | Partner

I love HubSpot but I think as per scoring function it should be brushed up further, follwoing some other marketing automations.

Hope this function will be implemented a.s.a.p..

Tad

jezza

Ref - this article and situation - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/can-i-set-up-one-lead-scoring-rule-to-in... is not good. 

Our workaround for this:

1. Situation is - when someone triggers something in our CRM -> 
  2. API connects to HubSpot enrolls the user manually into a workflow that increments a total count on the relative contact property
  3. Lead scoring is then setup to add 5 to their score while the user is active in the workflow

You could do this with the URL view option too.

Cheers,

Jeremy

TravisP
Contributor

It's disheartening to see that this was posted a year ago and the access to the HubSpot Score property is still unavailable from a workflow.

Is there a reason why this is locked away for access only from the Lead Scoring area?

At this point, I'd rather just create a custom property for Lead Score and manage it entirely from workflows.

umair
Contributor

It has been more than 2 years and there has been no solution for this. Workflows are used a lot for automation and it only makes sense to assign score based on workflow actions. 

placer

I think TravisP hit the nail on the head - 

If they limit the capabilities of the Hubspot Score property in such a way it requires us to make our own property that we can use in workflows, they will usher us into upgrading plans to allow for creating 'Score' properties.

wbarton

BUMPing this post. Would be a great feature and greatly improve how we measure viable leads

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. At this time there are no plans to develop this specific Idea of allowing score properties to be updated by workflows. If a workflow could manually edit a score property, it would contradict the scoring rules set within the scoring property itself, and "break" that logic, due to the way scoring properties currently work.

As mentioned in a comment in this thread, an alternative solution is outlined in this post:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Can-I-set-up-one-lead-scoring-rule-to-increment-lead-score-each...

This is not to say that other features like this will never be developed, just that it isn't feasible at this time.

Best,

Megan

Carly_Watson
Participant

Agreed! I abandoned the hubspot score altogether and built a formula property so we can have a bit of incremental lead scoring. Maybe you could try that as well in the meantime?

christa
Contributor

The Score property should allow for a way to add points for an action/activity EACH time the person does the action, not just the first time.

Sure, using a workflow to do this work could be a solution (just another thing to manage). It seems like the score property needs attention from Hubspot dev. in general.

Why is this feature not getting any attention @MeganLegge ?