HubSpot Ideas

CDouglas4

Increase workflow quote-based trigger options

It would be really handy if we could increase workflow trigger and action items based off of quotes. 

We provide our quotes to our opportunities directly ahead of providing them a contract for pricing clarity (and openess, increasing trust, etc) but for both legal implications and for minimising 'harrassing' touch points for the opportunity, we do not want to request them to either sign the quote or accept payment. What I'd like to do with the workflow is simply trigger a deal movement based off of a quote being sent / published or being received by the contact but none of these are options in the workflow build. 

Would like to see some further flexibility in these kinds of options especially as I know they are features of other object/asset-based workflow triggers and actions such as marketing emails. 

2 Replies
CDurand7
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi, 

I have the same question. Did you manage to find a way to trigger your workflow on a quote being published or sent? It seems that quote statut cannot be used.. 

Thank you 🙂 

CDouglas4

Hey @CDurand7 I couldn't find a way with the quotes themselves, we ended up using a custom property checkbox field and asking our sales team just to tick 'quote provided' and triggered off of that instead. An extra click or two for the users but was the simplest way.