HubSpot Ideas

Ruben_tB

Increase visibility of the workflow description

With workflows you have the option to add a description. Which is super useful if you want to give explantion or context to a complex workflow.

However, the description itself is quite hidden. You have to click twice to see it - More > Description. On top of that, the description is displayed as a pop up/frame and you aren't able to see the workflow and the description at the same time.

Need

For everybody who is using complex workflows it would be useful to see the description at a glance if you open the workflow. Compare it with for example the marketing campaign tool in HubSpot. You are able to put in information for budget and notes. This information is visible immediately on the main page of the campaign. That gives you the extra context you need instead of 'looking' forward.

If you are able to see the description immediately and at the same time the workflow itself, you will be able to understand the goal and context of the workflow faster.

4 Comentários
Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
zeke
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi @Ruben_tB ! We hear you loud and clear. A few months ago we launched the first of a few features aimed at providing more capabilities for people to add comments throughout Workflows. For now you can add comments to any action card on the editor, but soon we're hoping to migrate the "description" to a more feature-complete location, one that, as you mention, will be more visible from multiple locations (think the listing page, @ mentions, etc).

Keep an eye out for when we announce this work is being started!

KTravison
Membro | Parceiro Elite

I agree with this -- the description is difficult to find. It also should be on more workflows than just Contact-based workflows. If I create a Deal-based or Company-based workflow there should also be the option to add a description.

Status atualizado para: In Planning
JHartnagle

Hi, Everyone, 

I'm Jess, a product manager on HubSpot's Automations team. I want to thank all of you for providing feedback on this topic. I am happy to share that our team is actively working on adding descriptions for all workflow types. Also, workflow descriptions will be visible on the workflows Index page as column (as well as in the Export), and on the workflow Details page. These updates should be available sometime in Q4 2022. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. I will update this idea when the features are delivered!

Thank you,

Jess

Status atualizado para: Delivered
JHartnagle

Hi, Everyone,

The new Workflows Description features for all workflow types were released Monday, 10/10/22! Please let us know if you have any additional feedback for Workflow Descriptions.

Thank you,

Jess