HubSpot Ideas

calliehardin

Increase Snippet Limit

Snippet limits to 2500 characters, but there are times where it could be helpful to drop a longer standard agenda in a note doc. Could you please increase this limit to significantly longer?

14 Replies
zainabalhassan

need longer character count for snippets. i currently create snippets for my quotation cover letter and purchase terms and the character count is limited, i end up having to make more than one snippet to put the complete info.

Mary_Pouliot
HubSpot Employee

I have a customer in the same situation. Needs to create multiple snippets to insert their terms of service into our quote tool.

EGorani

ohhh, thats great someone open this topic.  I was wondering , if there is any option to extend the text on "Snippets" . I will explain to you better, I would like to create a quote where I want to add 5 pages of NDA. I believe if I can save NDA as  "snippest" will help me a lot. Is smthg you can do. At the moment I can not create a "snippets" with body text more than 4-5 raws 😞

ThierryCalderon
Contributor | Diamond Partner

HI

We would like to add legal stuff too in the quotes.

We have to copy paste terms and conidtions , then add to the quote.

Would be easier to use snippets. Could you increase and extend the text please ?

calliehardin
Participant

This is still needed to address. Hoping hubspot will remove their limitation on snippet length!

AMulder

This request is 2 years old.  PLEASE DO THIS!!!!

TBurton7

Fully agree. The limit is really annoying. This is a basic requirement which Google Docs and other systems support. Please fix!!

JBardales5

100% AGREE. The limit is not allowing us to proactively erspond to our clients and workers that we communicate daily with. It would be supper beneficial to add snippets into the system without being limited on character amounts. Please fix!

AMulder

For what it's worth, I have found a work around for this using the new customized quote templates.  I can insert all the text I want into the Comments, Terms and Signature sections, so we no longer need to add it every time we make a new quote.  In short, we no longer use snippets at all.

KStinson1

@hubspot This is feedback direct from the source! The people want an increase on character limits for snippets. Why hasn't this request been actioned? This is over 3 years old... and I know plenty of other folks I've spoken with who have the same feedback. Please make this happen for us. 

rachel79
Participant

Agreed- we also need to insert terms and conditions on the quote via snippet but have to break them up (which gives opportunity for one of them to be missed!) due to character limitations- please increase, thanks!

TCan

Yes, this is important 

dekoning_NL
Participant

Yes this would be extremely useful to increase the amount of characters 

teamverveco

Yes, please increase the limit of the snippet size!