HubSpot Ideas

HubspotUser12

Incoming Chat Notifications Not enough

We have big problems to notice when a visitor is chatting with us, the sound is not enough at all, and notifications are not enough.

We suggest to use another way to notify, maybe a native software app to manage chats, I don't know, but we are missing many chats due to low volume, hubspot tab closed by error and other things that with other softwares as LiveChat Inc we were not facing.

HubSpot Updates
November 22, 2022 02:54 AM

@BraedonO Out of the multiple considerations, one of them is to provide a list of sounds to choose from for a few types of notifications but not an option to import your own file.

November 22, 2022 02:19 AM

Wow! Harsh over there @Cassidy552 but I guess it is part of the job.

We got many complaints when we changed the sound to something stronger last year and we had to go back to a softer sound. We definitely understand that one sound won't cut for everyone and we need to provide a variety to choose from. However, in my opinion, even that would not be enough. For notifications that are urgent like calling and chat, we need to provide a better way to notify users and make the whole urgent notification experience better. The reason this idea has been moved to "Being Reviewed" stage is because we have been working towards improving this experience across multiple teams at HubSpot along with providing better experiences for you in other places in HubSpot.

At this point, we are processing about a billion notifications a month and we also need to do a lot of work to ensure that our systems work smoothly without interruptions which is something that you can't see as a feature as a customer.
Think of this work as the "bass guitar" of the band. You will hardly notice it when it is there but you will definitely miss it when it is not.

April 07, 2022 03:58 AM

@fabstilelook You will need to make sure the sound is ON under Settings > Notifications > Desktop > Sound and Appearance. The option says "play a sound when you receive a new pop-up notification".

April 06, 2022 03:53 AM

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your feedback!

In February, we worked with a sound engineer to release a new sound.   

We’d love it if you could give us feedback on your experience with the new sound.

Thank you!

Being Reviewed
June 01, 2020 01:42 PM

Thanks! We are in the process of reviewing our current notification set up and options and will update this post with more info in the next couple of months. 

December 31, 2018 06:40 PM

Thanks for your feedback! @HubspotUser12 @SandyMrSteam @DBuckleyLeadG2 would you mind elaborating on your ideal solution here? We have added a large number of different in app, browser, sound, and email notification options for chat to our notification center, so it would be great to know what your workflows are where there are gaps we're missing!

76 Replies
BraedonO
Participant

@hroberts 
I believe the main issue is the sound itself. A simple chime/bell is not sufficient. If you were to add in an option for 'notification sound' with a selection of different sounds (similar to what you would find on a mobile device when it comes to calls/texts) that would be perfect. Even the ability to import your own sound would be good.

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your feedback!

In February, we worked with a sound engineer to release a new sound.   

We’d love it if you could give us feedback on your experience with the new sound.

Thank you!

fabstilelook

Hi @NazzMohammad  how can we test this?

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

@fabstilelook You will need to make sure the sound is ON under Settings > Notifications > Desktop > Sound and Appearance. The option says "play a sound when you receive a new pop-up notification".

fahadsheikh

The sound that is played is a very soft ping. This is a BIG issue for us. We switched from Zoho and our support team now has 4 times longer response time just because of this. Other features are great, but HubSpot team really needs to give us a setting to choose our own ring tone perhaps. We have lost so many leads because of this.

@NazzMohammad the new sound does not cut it, I am afraid.

ArdeParde

Don't bother asking for anything to happen about this. You see how long this has been here without any reaction. Do what I did - move forward to something that actually works. Too bad, hubspot was promising in other areas but the chat feature is simply useless, and it creates huge issues for everything else so it may be a smarter idea to go with something else. 

MEkroth
We done that all have mobile too and set the phone alarm to do the thing, not best but works. Little conf and iPhone not so good, android better.

Hubspot is not gonna do this anything...
Cassidy552
Participant

Hubspots staff clearly only have a couple of braincells don't bother... As the others have already said they have no clue what they are doing and to be frank im surprised they even know how to use a keyboard in order to reply to us, impressive. 4 years on, and they still haven't even read what the issue is, nor are they even aware clearly from @NazzMohammad idiotic response. If your still using Hubspot at this stage i don't know what to tell you...

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Wow! Harsh over there @Cassidy552 but I guess it is part of the job.

We got many complaints when we changed the sound to something stronger last year and we had to go back to a softer sound. We definitely understand that one sound won't cut for everyone and we need to provide a variety to choose from. However, in my opinion, even that would not be enough. For notifications that are urgent like calling and chat, we need to provide a better way to notify users and make the whole urgent notification experience better. The reason this idea has been moved to "Being Reviewed" stage is because we have been working towards improving this experience across multiple teams at HubSpot along with providing better experiences for you in other places in HubSpot.

At this point, we are processing about a billion notifications a month and we also need to do a lot of work to ensure that our systems work smoothly without interruptions which is something that you can't see as a feature as a customer.
Think of this work as the "bass guitar" of the band. You will hardly notice it when it is there but you will definitely miss it when it is not.

BraedonO
Participant

@NazzMohammad is HubSpot considering implementing default sounds and the ability to have different sounds for say calls vs chat vs a lead being assigned with the option to import your own sound file?

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

@BraedonO Out of the multiple considerations, one of them is to provide a list of sounds to choose from for a few types of notifications but not an option to import your own file.

TGolden6

This is a huge problem for my business.  I switched from ZenDesk to HubSpot Chat so we could capture the chat log within our Contact Information for a client or prospect.  That part is great, but we are missing chats because the 'ring tone' is very soft and if you are, for instance on a phone call, you simply miss a client or prospect altogether.  Unacceptable in today's world and absolutely Core to HubSpots value prop.  It needs to be fixed.  When a client entered Zendesk Chat, it created a sound that was distinctly recognizable and loud, it got your attention immediatly. Thinking of going back to ZenDesk unless this get's addressed quickly.  If we make 1 sale, it pays for ZenDesk for the year. 

ArdeParde
Just go back to ZenDesk as fast as you can. This issue has been around forever and they have no interest in fixing it properly. We lost several deals because of this and couldn’t afford to waste money any more. It’d be nice if the HubSpot chat integration worked but as it is it’s 100% useless unless you have someone to watch it closely 24/7.
Eddie_CoralTree

Doesn't make sense to spend engineering time to change the sound and then roll it back. Wasted effort. A simpler approach is just give a setting to allow users/admins to choose notification sound type and if it needs to be persistant or not.

Cassidy552
Participant

Just find another CRM they don't give a **bleep**. The site has not been updated in years its essentially just a scam at this point. Don't bother listening to them they lie lie and lie more they couldn't care less about any of their clients. Snake oil salesmen at its finest. 

Lara_Q
Participant

I cannot emphasize enough how terrible it is to have one single sound for all notifications. 

My team needs to be alerted if they have a ticket assigned or a mention, but also if a chat comes in. Everything sounds the same, so they are, of course, missing live chat, leading to very disappointed customers, and who can blame them? Zendesk chat sound almost gave me a heart attack every time it came up, but we did not miss one chat. Now, we are missing at least two a day. 

Hubspot does not meet another basic functionality needed for any support team to succeed.