HubSpot Ideas

PatrickEng

Include Membership-Content tool as an Add-on

Instead of keeping the Membership-Content feature of HubSpot exclusive to Marketing Enterprise, include it as an Add-on that we can purchase on the side (like Website, Dedicated IP, Reports, etc).

This way, any HubSpot account (like Pro) can segment their member content without needing to make the jump to Enterprise but can't afford to spike in price for one more (really useful) feature.

4 Replies
AJLaPorte_diagr
Key Advisor

This is highly needed. We have clients that just don't have the budget for Enterprise but still need this option. Also, with the CMS being a standalone product now, this is a must-have option. It's hard to sell people on using HS' CMS for the price when they can get login capabilities on many other platforms (both open-sourced or similar priced). 

WMM_Inbound
Contributor | Partner

Hi, i totally agree it is highly needed!. Right now i do have 2 customers for membership site functionality and as i was posting it in the Hubspot ideas channel a couple of people jumped posted that they also either had clients in the past or have now for this.

It woud be great if this could be purchased seperately as and addon to the CMS standalone or something like that.

It is also the case that a lot of people don´t understand why they should pay so much more just to get the Login capability ( sure they get a lot more with enterprise, but most stuff is not needed..).

A lot of customers like the idea of having everything in one program. Having them maintain a wordpress membership site just to get around the spike in pricing is hard to sell to those customers. Not only for them to have 2 but 1 plattfom, but rather the fact that they have to have a System which they have to learn ( if they don´t know WP) and also maintain on their own ( or pay someone additionally).

ankur_gupta
HubSpot Product Team

ankur_gupta
HubSpot Product Team

Good news, everyone. Today, Memberships is now available in professional. With Content Hub Professional, users get access to two "access groups" (one if self-registration is enabled). These groups can be used to limit who has access to private content. We hope you enjoy!