HubSpot Ideas

kwilhelme

In-app comments feature improvements: Indicator and comment on specific portion of page

Can there be some kind of indicator on the in-app comments tool for blogs, emails, landing pages, site pages, and workflows that shows you when comments exist on that item? For instance, I discovered some of our pop-up forms on high-performing blogs weren't working because we had optimized the blog and changed the URL so our form Targeting needed to be updated. I added a comment in the blog editor for each post that has a pop-up form (or chatflow) associated with it, but when you go into the editor, there's no indication that Comments exist so you'd have to remember to click on the comment bubble. If there could be a red indicator with the # of comments on the page that'd be great. 

It'd also be great if you could tie a comment to a specific portion of the email/blog/page so that if you're editing/reviewing copy and need to give feedback to the writer, you can leave it on a specific paragraph, for example.

HubSpot Updates
October 23, 2023 03:35 AM

Hi @kwilhelme 

We recently released a new unread comments feature for the commenting tools in HubSpot. This is now live to all our Pro and Enterprise level commenting features. More details can be found in-app here.

This feature should make it easier to discover when there are comments you have not read on assets such as Marketing Emails. A red counter will appear on the sidebar even when closed to indicate the number of unread comments and when opening the sidebar, we will direct you first to the latest unread comments.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any feedback on these updates. Thanks

1 Reply
dowens
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @kwilhelme 

We recently released a new unread comments feature for the commenting tools in HubSpot. This is now live to all our Pro and Enterprise level commenting features. More details can be found in-app here.

This feature should make it easier to discover when there are comments you have not read on assets such as Marketing Emails. A red counter will appear on the sidebar even when closed to indicate the number of unread comments and when opening the sidebar, we will direct you first to the latest unread comments.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any feedback on these updates. Thanks