HubSpot Ideas

Exp

Improving Marketing Pop Up Forms

Hi, 

I've been trying to use Hubspot pop-up forms on our website and found it very unfriendly as they're not too changable: 

1. the CTA button cannot be linked anywhere (a landing page for instance)

2. Cannot get rid of the default email field collection (what if I don't want to collect any info from the user but just put a link to a registration landing page?)

3. Cannot apply an exhaustive set of rules based on time for instance (I want this pop up to pop at certain hours, and a different one to pop up at different hours of the day / geography based etc.) 

4. No A/B testing capability

I believe this really should be much more flexible and user friendly than it is

9 Replies
mmcgonagle

I completely agree with all of these points. I can't stress enough how useful it would be to have pop-ups that simply link out to another page rather than collecting an email and other info. Huge missed opportunity there.

Smithgar-1

Was thinking of exactly this idea and then came across the fact you'd already sent it in Smiley Happy... we have a large portfolio of products - some of which have software attached to them (and therefore potential for software updates to be notified) ...

Our user case would be to place the pop up on specific product pages (for a period of time) .... alerting the user that there is a new download available for software v1.x .....  the ability to just link to a landing page (the general S/ware download page) would be great - as at the moment it is purely for 'forms' use ... 

SvetSli
Participant

Hi,

I came across this frustration a few months back as well when we wanted to promote a webinar but did not want gather information on the form/CTA. I did find a few free modules in the marketplace such as this one that helped to alleviate a few of the problems.  You can link out another page, you don't have to capture any lead info on the CTA, and you can (somewhat) apply what time you would like for it to pop-up. 

- Svet

JohnathanMcFarl

I agree with you- Hubspot's popups are pretty pathetic. There is so much basic functionality that is lacking. We simply gave up and went to Unbounce for our popups. A/B testing, location-specific targeting, scheduling etc is all in there... and you can make the pop ups look really nice too. 

Charmaine
Participant

I need this, too. 

RWarner
Member | Partner

100% agree. This would not be very hard for them to configure this. Even having the time to show a pop-up during a specific time of day and day of week would be nice.

DomRychlik
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

I'm Dom and I’m a Product Manager at HubSpot. We're actively exploring this idea with the team at the moment. I’d be really interested in hearing more about your use cases and generally finding out how you are currently using CTAs, what’s working for you and what’s not working. Please DM me if you’re interested in sharing your feedback and jumping on a quick 30 min call with myself and the team.

Best,

Dom

amandafann
Contributor

@DomRychlik Great to hear these ideas are being reviewed. 

It would also be helpful if the form could be required so that visitors must fill it out to continue on the page. The use case is to use the pop-up to gate content, letting users preview the page but then requiring them to complete the pop-up form to continue viewing the rest of the content.

Franckigames

@DomRychlik it's nice to hear that you are considering this functionnality!

We are an e-commerce based company and we try to provide our human touch by having someone available to provide assistance with our products. However, that person is working from 9am to 5pm and we would have love to implement a pop-up in order for people to only see it's possible to call someone during these time so that's why it would have been great to get an option to put this pop-up live between 9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday like it's possible with the workflows 🙂

Thanks in advance for your support,

Franck