HubSpot Ideas

KFrancis18

Improving Conversations Inbox Search Functionality

Search function in conversations is not currently very useful for anything other than searching by a known/exact email address. It would be great to improve the functionality to include:

• Searchability within both conversations AND the internal comments on those conversations
  • Ability to search using exact terms in quotation marks ("") and only having the search return conversations with that exact phrase
  • General enhancement of the relevance of returned search results
15 Replies
KRobertsson

This is really important that HubSpot get in place so that it will be easy and simple to search the conversation inboxes. At the moment this really limits my team and they would rather use another email inbox..

adamlfoster
Member | Partner

Yes I agree. A client has recently shown his frustration in this area.

If the search term is "one two" then it will return results that include either "one" or "two". There should be a way to search that insists in both words being in the results only.

NozomiIto

I also need this feature. Currently a search result includes many irrelevant messages, and they cannot be sorted by the relevance order.

It is difficult for me to reach to the correct converstation I search for.

AMoon

Agreed. This is a pretty big feature that's missing. I'm not sure that the current layout will work for us if we can't search order numbers accurately. 

RBreen
HubSpot Employee

This feature is much needed in customer portals.

mnyman

Yes, 100% we need this. It's been very hard to search for any certain email/subject/number etc. 

KArgust

We definitely need this feature in huspot. I would make a world of a difference. 

dagogtid

Agree! The current search function is extremely frustrating for me.

CKurata
HubSpot Employee

Commenting on behalf of a customer here! Additional search field we would like to see:

- Search by name of files attached to conversation 

- Search by words in files attached to conversation

Use case: 

Contacts send a order form files with order numbers in the file. Having the ability to search for kewords in the attached files will make it much easier to look for specific conversations with secific order numbers.

Brucey
Participant | Diamond Partner

Agree per original post and some of the comments herein.

Additionally, the Filter options on the left side, once you start a Conversation Inbox search, could be expanded on e.g. by Company, Contact, Deal, etc...

MGörtler

Definitely one of the weak spots of the whole CRM. 

We regularly need to search for keywords that could either be in the senders-address, the senders name, the reference or the mail text itself. Additonally we also have the forms and we also can't find a lot there with the current search. We all just miss our outlook search (and i never thought i'd ever say that). 

Looking forward to improvements! 

DNesbitt2

I'm in agreement with everyone else here!

We can receive 100's of emails a day and if we can't search in the inbox, finding past history is impossible.
We have to open the email in another program which completely defeats the whole purpose of consolidating information on one platform.

We really need this issue addressed ASAP.

LTaan

The serach should be enhanced to be using the phone number instead of contact name

TechCEO
Participant

We have been testing the conversations inbox side by side with Helpscout, our current shared inbox solution, as we have been trying to migrate our proces to Hubspot.

I found that we could not search messages by company name. That is a serious gap, and one that is easy to fix. When I asked the team "did you reply to the customer from [company] they replied by showing me that the filter/search shows 'no results' when you search company. when you search the user's name or the user's email their email appears. 

Please fix this. This is a no brainer. 

JMcLaughlin22

Please address this! We often leave key words in our comments. It is so frustrating that I can't then search for those key words to pull up certain conversations