HubSpot Ideas

timl

Improved currency handling

There are two main issues I can see with the way currencies are handled. 

1. Exchange rates should be dynamic – there's no way it should be inputted manually. It doesn't have to update every minute, but daily would be nice.

2. Currencies should be configurable product-by-product – it should be possible to create a Product that costs $X.XX in a different currency, and have that be reflected in Deals, Companies, Contacts, etc. in one's Company Currency.
    For example, if your Company Currency is USD, and you create and sell a product in CAD, you should be able to input the CAD amount and have it populate the USD amount. As it stands, the two of them are not linked – even if you add a foreign currency amount in a Product, it will still show a price of $0.00 if you haven't put anything in your Company Currency amount.
HubSpotからのアップデート
April 25, 2022 11:54 AM

Sorry, community. The form should work now. Please leave your name and email if you're keen to provide feedback to the team. Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool. 

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
April 20, 2022 07:12 AM

Hey HubSpot Community,

Thank you for the feedback. The team would like to better understand the need to set exchange rate dynamically. If you're keen to chat with the team, please fill out this form. We'll reach out for a call.

Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool. 

21件のコメント
Nick_Trendline
投稿者

I am looking for the same functionality as listed in point #1 above - automation of currency exchange rate updates.  Has anyone been able to figure out a solution to this (e.g. webhook)?

benesch_e
投稿者

having a dynamic (hubspot updated) exchange rate would be nice since exchange rates do fluxuate.

EmiiKhaos
参加者

Waaaaaaaaant the first one. Like integrate https://exchangeratesapi.io/ for a base set of daily currency exchange rates.

rvzello
投稿者

When managing a catalog of products im multiple currency, even a task of updating prices yearly can be a little tedious. It would be great to have an ability to do this in a more automated fashion, even if it's just an improved API endpoint.

johnelmer
トップ投稿者 | Elite Partner

Amy_Brierley
投稿者

Upvoting #1!

DFuller
メンバー

Currently, when updating currency exchange rates in the account default settings, this will not push to the "multi-currency settings" for each individual sku/product. So to keep exchanges rates updated on a regular basis you have to go into each individual SKU and manually calculate the pricing for each currency. 

This is not feasible with 30+ SKU's and 4 currencies, as that would require 120+ inputs each update, and grows exponentially with each additional currency we add.  

For our operational team to calculate up to date revenues in foreign currencies accurately is not possible. 

KJones53
メンバー

Upvoting #1as well.

bchensee
参加者

Have you found any resolution on this matter? 

DFuller
メンバー

I have settled on for now, just to export all my existing skus and do some quick excel work to create a currency table to update them myself. You can then reimport just those currency fields to update the existing skus using the product ID column in the export.

Not ideal and not an everyday update but 15-20 minutes every week or month is doable to better close the gap on currency fluctuation.

fcojavierpoveda
参加者

me too, upvoting #1!

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
ybaptiste
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hey HubSpot Community,

Thank you for the feedback. The team would like to better understand the need to set exchange rate dynamically. If you're keen to chat with the team, please fill out this form. We'll reach out for a call.

Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool. 

timl
参加者

@ybaptiste I can't access that link, there's a permissions error.

Amy_Brierley
投稿者

ybaptiste I have the same error as @timl when clicking on the link you posted

ybaptiste
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Sorry, community. The form should work now. Please leave your name and email if you're keen to provide feedback to the team. Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool. 

Amy_Brierley
投稿者

@ybaptiste i still receive the same error:

Amy_Brierley_0-1650984863674.png

ESeligman
メンバー

The form link is still not working for me either. Would love to speak with y'all about this as well.

btsp
投稿者

@ybaptiste the form is still not working, is there any update on this topic?

tegberts
メンバー

Hubspot - can you please implement this change instead of asking users to complete a form (that isn't even accessible/editable)? timl provided the exact solution that would address Hubspot's insufficient FX functionality.

CMiller008
メンバー

Hey Hubspot - any chance this is available as an update in the near future?