Improve the accuracy of email tracking

We have heard from many of our customers about the need to improve the accuracy of email tracking to better account for multiple recipients and self-open notifications. 

We are currently investigating solutions for this issue.

HubSpot updates
changed to: In Planning
Aug 6, 2019

17 Replies
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: In Planning

New Contributor

Subscribing...

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! Another example is...as the sender of the email, if I go back into my Sent items folder in Outlook and read the email, it logs a new Open in HubSpot, even though it was opened by none of the recipients, but rather me...the sender.

New Contributor

Although it's imperfect, the location information did help with the multiple recipients issue. I'd prefer if Hubspot re-enabled the location information in email tracking.

Occasional Contributor

Exactly, @krispag !

New Contributor

Any progress on this? Just asking... any answer would be helpful.

Jeff

Occasional Contributor | Gold Partner
Occasional Contributor | Gold Partner

Status update?

New Contributor

Hot potato? Or... possibly Matt is no longer with the company and they wish him well in his future endeavors. Or...

Visitor

I have the opposite problem now as it seems the feature for turning off alerts on select emails is gone. Or is there some setting that I need to go down a rabbit hole to find? Basically I'm getting notifications every time a recipient opens that email, and as I found out soon after signing up with Hubspot, there exists people who click the same email 20x a day! Prior to this version, I was able to turn off this particular email since I only needed confirmation the recipient received it the first time. What gives?

New Contributor

@zaratops Are you referring to the "mute" button? We're not getting any response from any HS people now. Possibly there is legal action pending which might explain it. But I've seen that problem before also.

Visitor

@Agent314  Yes! That's the one.... It's baffling that the mute button would have any reason to be removed though.

New Contributor

Mum at HS. Possibly they are going to do away with this product. The privacy lobby is becoming militant. Sad. But common. I imagine lawyers are hovering.

Visitor

@Agent314  This is the last straw then. I'm moving my membership elsewhere, sad to see this degrading on key fronts. Thank you for your replies.

New Contributor

Then there is this example. This email went to 10 people. How helpful is this??? You said you would do something about this. Consider breaking radio silence, @mschnitt and have some honest dialog with your customers. Unless you don't work here any more. We're still here, Matt. Waiting for you to come out in the open. C'mon, man...  - Jeff

This is not helpful...!!!This is not helpful...!!!

Occasional Contributor

@mschnitt   For the Love of God, can you please reactivate this feature until your crack team of product folks come up with another solution.  This is completly unusable.  Customer email that originally only went to 1 person, but their response needed action so it has been forwared to others and employees around the world have opened this email.  I can no longer tell if the customer is viewing this.  Please help us!!!!

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 9.24.14 AM.png

New Contributor

Loss of the email tracking location feature is really impacting the value of HubSpot for us. Please elevate the priority of fixing or improving this feature. Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

The unique way to know if my email is open in america or europe is lost. This decision is wrong and harmful. 

No make sense use hubspot without this asset.  Now hubspot is just a tracker like others.