Improve the accuracy of email tracking

We have heard from many of our customers about the need to improve the accuracy of email tracking to better account for multiple recipients and self-open notifications. 

We are currently investigating solutions for this issue.

HubSpot updates
Improve the accuracy of email trackingHubSpot Product Team
changed to: In Planning
08-06-2019

17 Replies
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: In Planning

Agent314
New Contributor

Subscribing...

krispag
Esteemed Contributor

Yes! Another example is...as the sender of the email, if I go back into my Sent items folder in Outlook and read the email, it logs a new Open in HubSpot, even though it was opened by none of the recipients, but rather me...the sender.

dyeaple
New Contributor

Although it's imperfect, the location information did help with the multiple recipients issue. I'd prefer if Hubspot re-enabled the location information in email tracking.

ProSonas
Occasional Contributor

Exactly, @krispag !

Agent314
New Contributor

Any progress on this? Just asking... any answer would be helpful.

Jeff

tylerkelley
Occasional Contributor

Status update?

Agent314
New Contributor

Hot potato? Or... possibly Matt is no longer with the company and they wish him well in his future endeavors. Or...

zaratops
Visitor

I have the opposite problem now as it seems the feature for turning off alerts on select emails is gone. Or is there some setting that I need to go down a rabbit hole to find? Basically I'm getting notifications every time a recipient opens that email, and as I found out soon after signing up with Hubspot, there exists people who click the same email 20x a day! Prior to this version, I was able to turn off this particular email since I only needed confirmation the recipient received it the first time. What gives?

Agent314
New Contributor

@zaratops Are you referring to the "mute" button? We're not getting any response from any HS people now. Possibly there is legal action pending which might explain it. But I've seen that problem before also.