HubSpot Ideas

cakelin23

Improve social publishing for Instagram

I want to comment on the Instagram functionality in HubSpot. Scheduling a video post to Instagram via HubSpot is not user-friendly:

• When you upload an image that’s too big, you see literally this text: “The attached video is too big. Instagram’s maximum video size is [missing {{videoMaxSize}} value]. <a href='[missing {{videoRequirementsLink}} value]'>View Instagram's Video Requirements</a>” Obviously this text needs to fixed and updated with working hyperlinks.
  • When you upload a video which exceeds Instagram’s maximum bitrate, you get referred to this page which has nothing to do with IG’s video requirements: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api/reference/user/media#create-video-container

I am also wondering if there are plans to introduce the option to upload multiple videos/images to an Instagram post, via the HubSpot social tool. I am scheduling some posts for the summer period and I have to specifically schedule the posts with multiple images on the days that I am available, as the only option is for me to upload it directly to Instagram instead of using HubSpot. Otherwise I would be able to schedule these posts during my leave of absence.

1 Reply
SCone

Agreed, using hubspot for instagram is pretty much pointless. Unelss you just want to upload one image then everything else has to be done natively in instgram.