HubSpot Ideas

AKettula

Improve notification settings to be more enterprise-ready

End users should not be bothered with system owner and/or admin topics.

As of today, all users receive notifications when there are errors in DNS records. These types of prompts should definitely not go out to all users, as it simply creates confusion and raises questions that reverberate across the entire organization.

The notification settings fail to provide any settings for clearly admin-level topics, such as e.g. domain issues.

6 Replies
LButterfield
Participant

Yes this is something that needs looking at, in a similar vein admin-level notices pop up on the portal e.g. when the API keys were being moved to private apps - I got multiple messages a day as it was popping a warning up to ALL users and I had no way to turn this off. It just causes distrust in the system and makes a lot of unecessary internal traffic. 

AKettula
Participant | Platinum Partner

Great addition here by @LButterfield, thank you 👍

When users receive notifications to their personal email about topics that usually are not on their table, often they feel they need to become active for that topic to not hinge on them. This creates back-and-forth emails & confusion within the organization about why they even receive such notifications, resulting in questions towards partners and/or HubSpot.

JStreit1
Member | Elite Partner

I agree! HubSpot has taken steps in the right direction by allowing you to create notification profiles so you can pre-determine what notifications your end users will get, but there are many notifications, such as DNS errors, that are not accounted for in the options available.

laurabren
Contributor

Big-time yes on this one -- I don't need my end users getting confused every time we run out of marketing contacts. This creates an unnecessary level of confusion and even concern and has eroded trust in our admin team at times. I'm sick of having to send out all-staff emails every time something new pops up -- "Yes, we know about it. No, you don't have to worry. Please carry on."

AKettula
Participant | Platinum Partner

Thank you for your additions @laurabren & @JStreit1  🤗 HubSpot has definitely taken many very beneficial steps and the tools serve our customers ever better. HubSpot would benefit A LOT from admin-level notification settings & notification profiles.

ContecSean

I agree completely. Just today we had an end user receive a DNS Record notification, and it caused a lot of heartburn amongst our team. I would think this is a pretty easy fix in the notifications center. HubSpot could even put in an added security feature if a user turned off that notification. E.g. "Are you sure you do not wish to received DNS Record Error notifications?" This would safeguard the user from accidentally turning that feature off.