HubSpot Ideas

mhagg

Improve UI/UX for Contact/Company Views

Views must be better than what it is right now.

• More data needs to be seen at 100% on screen,
  • he ability to clone an existing view (where is that?),
  • and rearranging columns might be the biggest failure here.

It's frustrating that I have to change the order columns. It's clunky, timely, and inconvenient.  Also, when I go to create a new view off the default, All Contacts view it keeps the filters even after the new view is saved. That's a problem as well because you should be able to clone it, save it and then create your filters.

2 Replies
michaeljay201
Contributor

Hi, @mhagg.

I assume you are referring to Saved Views in the Contacts Dashboard on desktop.

You can clone Views one of two ways. The first is to navigate to your All Views list, find the View you want to clone, click the Options button to the right, and select Clone.

CloneView1.JPG

The second way is to save the View as a new View from the dashboard. 

CloneView2.JPG

Editing columns in the View is similarly straightforward. You can either hover over the Column Title, and click the vertical dots on the left side to drag and drop the column to the left or right. Or you can use the Edit Columns feature:

EditColumns1.JPG   

You can then search for contact properties on the left, click the checkbox to add a property to the columns list, and you can drag and drop the properties in the list. The higher up on the list a property is, the further to the left that column will be on the Dashboard view.

EditColumns2.JPG

Regarding #1, the only thing that will fix this is to adjust the zoom percentage on your browser, or buy a bigger monintor...Especially if you have numerous columns left-to-right in the Contacts view.

Hope that helps!

eunateyour

I couldn't agree more! The current UI/UX for Contact/Company Views is far from ideal and could definitely use some improvements. I agree that more data needs to be visible on the screen at 100%, and the ability to clone existing views would be extremely helpful. Additionally, the ability to rearrange columns would be a huge improvement. It's frustrating that we have to manually change the order of columns, and it would be great if we could do that more easily. I think that the developers should read about how to hire UX designers. LOL.