HubSpot Ideas

Laura

Improve Responsive for Landing Pages

Hello,

Mobile is more and more used by society, so responsive should be a priority in solutions such as HubSpot to improve convertions. I found very difficult to customize a Landing Page and non intuitive, and once it is finally done with a lot of work, the responsive show many issues.

Do you know if the responsive and the design of the LP will be improve in the near future? It will be good for marketers that are not graphic designers.

Laura

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
July 25, 2017 03:53 AM

Hey @Laura the moduules used in HubSpot's template builder are responsive by default. These modules work on a flexible grid that automatically adjusts their proportions to fit a viewer's screen dimensions. This "responsive" system relies on percentage widths and heights to make a smooth transition between devices.

If a module, column, or wrapper changed and set to use fixed widths or heights this responsiveness is broken and different screen sizes are no longer able to fluidly adjust the size of your content to fit the viewer's environment. As a best practice, to prevent your layout from breaking on mobile devices, any styling on your COS pages for height and width attributes should be done with min/max width in percentage format.

Design Support

If you are using a template from HubSpot's template marketplace that is not responsive, you will need to contact the original desinger. HubSpot is able to assist with minor edits to templates you having building using the template builder. We also have a a Designer Forum where our community can assist with custom design edits to help you get the most out of HubSpot's templates and optimize them for mobile. 

For more substantial updates, HubSpot offers access to certified HubSpot agencies that specialize in designing on the HubSpot COS as well as more generalized website design services. HubSpot also offers a free COS Designer Certification course to help you gain confidence in making these design edits yourself. 

I hope the above information is of help to you. If you have any further feedback please let me know and I will make sure it is passed on to our COS product teams. 

4 Replies
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Laura the moduules used in HubSpot's template builder are responsive by default. These modules work on a flexible grid that automatically adjusts their proportions to fit a viewer's screen dimensions. This "responsive" system relies on percentage widths and heights to make a smooth transition between devices.

If a module, column, or wrapper changed and set to use fixed widths or heights this responsiveness is broken and different screen sizes are no longer able to fluidly adjust the size of your content to fit the viewer's environment. As a best practice, to prevent your layout from breaking on mobile devices, any styling on your COS pages for height and width attributes should be done with min/max width in percentage format.

Design Support

If you are using a template from HubSpot's template marketplace that is not responsive, you will need to contact the original desinger. HubSpot is able to assist with minor edits to templates you having building using the template builder. We also have a a Designer Forum where our community can assist with custom design edits to help you get the most out of HubSpot's templates and optimize them for mobile. 

For more substantial updates, HubSpot offers access to certified HubSpot agencies that specialize in designing on the HubSpot COS as well as more generalized website design services. HubSpot also offers a free COS Designer Certification course to help you gain confidence in making these design edits yourself. 

I hope the above information is of help to you. If you have any further feedback please let me know and I will make sure it is passed on to our COS product teams. 

bpotter
Contributor

If we had the ability to select the viewport we would like then make adjustments to font sizes, colors, background, spacing, etc. that would be incredibly helpful. H1s look way different on mobile than on desktop. Not to mention the other changes that need to be made on styling

"Hire a designer" isn't a good solution. We need to be able to make changes for mobile only in the design tool.

tylerkelley
Participant | Diamond Partner

How is this "delivered"?

The idea submitted is to improve the responsive design. A lot of builders now provide non-technical users to edit the mobile design by clicking on the mobile view then updating the fonts, etc to proportions. For example, on Wordpress we have Beaver Builder. I know Clickfunnels does this as well as many others. Its time for HubSpot to integrate this idea.

KEU174
Participant

Yes!  Hubspot needs to offer a much better solution to edit the mobile layout for non-technical users.  I couldn't agree more with "Hire a  designer" is not an acceptable solution!!!!!!