HubSpot Ideas

cpappas_auxin

Importing multiple email addresses for single contact

I am importing a CSV file with contacts that have multiple email addresses. Hubspot supports multiple email addresses in the "Email" field, which is wonderful, but the data cannot be imported this way.  To import, I had to create multiple email properties (primary email, alternate email, etc). I can manually add the multiple emails in the single "Email" property but I have a large number of contacts. Any automated way to do this?

Would recommend an enhancement to offer the ability to either import contacts in a way to add multiple email addresses  to the "Email" property. Or, offer a way, after the import, to copy the data from another property (e.g. "Alternate Email") to the "Email" property without overriding the current email (i.e. adding a second or third email).

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 18, 2023 06:58 AM

Hi everyone -- Alex from the import/export team here.

We just launched support for importing multiple email addresses (or company domains for the company object) within the import flow.

In your spreadsheet, you'd add an additional column for "Additional emails." Here, you can add many email addresses, separated by a semi-colon. On the mapping step of your import, simply map this column to a new property we've surfaced called "Additional email addresses" and you're done! 

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 5.01.36 PM.png

If you're importing companies, the same process can be followed for importing multiple domains. The property you'll want to map to is called "Additional domains."

Not Currently Planned
May 21, 2020 12:14 PM

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. At this time, importing secondary emails is not something our team is currently planning to build natively into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future and we will update this idea if that becomes the case.

120 Replies
DAntonelli
Participant

Hi all, does anyone know if there is any news regarding this idea? 

kpaynter

It would be very useful if there were a way to do this. 

andiaz
HubSpot Employee

This release would be highly beneficial for companies dealing with multiple domains as well

DanFromCF
Contributor

@Dylan any updates on this one? >200 upvotes by now.

kelseyingram392
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This is critical for data migrations, are there any updates?? We have many clients coming from other systems that need to be able to historically import multiple emails per record

DimitriAntoniou

This is causing a huge headache trying to consolidate, clean up, and load in old contact lists. 210 votes and counting...

johnjamie
Participant

This would be helpful.  We may have multiple work and personal addresses and an automated way to address at scale would be valuable.  I attempted a workaround by matching a contact by ID and adding an email but it overwrote rather than adding to the set of emails.

Thanks to @ihojl for flagging this idea thread.

JakeOswald

Need this desperately. 😣

Cnadler
Participant | Platinum Partner

This would be useful.

Stitchko
Top Contributor

C'mon HubSpotters! How many votes do you need to get on to it?

Edouardbrunetot
Top Contributor

Please ! 

rmrepko

Many of our customers have multiple email addresses. It would help us a lot if this became available in the import

JoelWhitford
Participant | Elite Partner

At present, the only way to add 'Additional Email' addresses to a contact record is manually, via the Contact Record itself.

Many contacts have multiple email addresses, and as such, this rightly is accommodated in HubSpot. The ability, however, to import these multiple email addresses is not yet available.

To update these records from a spreadsheet containing hundreds or thousands of contacts would save a HUGE amount of time and admin work.

AnotherHubber

Wow, 2023 and this is still a thing. Adding my vote for this ridiculously obvious request.

MGan
HubSpot Employee

Commenting on behalf of a user! Either this or the ability to add multiple email addresses through a workflow (copy property value) is much needed. Doing this manually would be a very tedious task.

swells12

This is a big miss by Hubspot. Many of my records have a work email and a personal email and I need to be able to contact them at both. We have almost 90k contacts that need this and manually adding them is not a good use of time.

AlishaV
Contributor

This is greatly needed. Doing an implementation right now that requires it and there we are having problems getting the resources to add all of these to the historical file we needed to upload. This is delaying our go-live!

Gabriel_Guigue
Contributor

I can't believe we're now 5 years after the original request and it's still not possible to batch import more than one email address for one single Contact ... That's really frustrating and disappointing!

hyoungSSP

Agree. We are running into the same issue switching over from mailchimp. We have over 65k contacts and a number of them have multiple emails. Adding these emails as additinal emails on a contact is not something that is feasible to do manually for each record.

Ginayoyo
Participant

It unbelievable that we're in 2023 and there hasn't been any update yet.