HubSpot Ideas

ybn

Import deals with line items

It should be possible to import deals with line items

Mises à jour HubSpot
March 22, 2022 02:16 PM

Hey team - thanks for the patience. Here is a knowledge base article covering how to import objects into the CRM, including Line Items: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file

We don't have a specific KB on Line Items, they are just called out (e.g. here in property requirements) among the other objects. If you're having trouble or experience any sort of error, I'd recommend placing a support ticket because then (1) our support team can get back to you ASAP and (2) if there is a bug, it will be triaged to our engineering team immediately. Thank you!

March 21, 2022 10:17 AM

That's correct @IBrockschmidt 

March 21, 2022 10:12 AM

@IBrockschmidt the short answer is yes. Products and Line Items aren't actually formally associated, they're associated by Product ID. So, each Product has an ID property, and the Line Item has a field called "product_id" which is how you link Products <> Line Items.

March 21, 2022 10:04 AM

@MBHeffernan I don't have an example with fields/column headers, but I can tell you that the only required fields are Name, Quantity, and Price, which will be reflected in the KB docs soon. Our import manager has a pretty nifty UI for helping you match your fields to Line Item fields, so I'd just give it a shot and see how it goes. It's a pretty nice graphical interface - there's no unreadable red errors or something.

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
March 21, 2022 09:44 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here again (PM for Products). I just wanted to let you know that you're now able to import Line Items along with Deals. The reason Line Items must be imported with Deals is that Line Items need an associated commerce object (e.g. Deals, Quotes, Payment Links, Subscriptions, Custom Objects) in order to make sense. Line Items only reflect what is being purchased and for how much, but not who made the purchase, when, etc. 

Single object import is supported for Products, which imports Products into the Product Library. Those Products can then be used to generate Line Items on Deals, Quotes, Payment Links, etc.

At this time, we are only supporting Line Item <> Deal imports, because other commerce objects (e.g. Quotes, Subscriptions) do not currently support import. As those objects become available for import, Line Item import with those objects will come as well.

Head over to your portal and give Line Item import a try! If you have any questions or feedback, please comment here. 

March 11, 2022 02:44 PM

Hey folks - as a heads up we're going to start rolling this feature out in the coming week. There's no beta or anything, it'll just be rolled out on a percentage basis to portals randomly. I'd recommend looking to see if you have it on Tuesday and trying it out. We should have it out to everyone by the end of the week after next week.

Statut mis à jour : Being Reviewed
January 14, 2022 11:23 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this is on our roadmap for this quarter and, while I can't give you an exact timeline for release, I would expect that sometime next quarter (Q2'22) you will be able to import Deals into HubSpot with Line Items. 

This particular feature probably won't have a wide beta. We'll test it it with a dozen or so teams, then we'll just roll it out to everyone on a percentage basis. I'll update this thread when we begin the percentage rollout. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

67 Commentaires
repumartek
Participant

We have similiar need

Paul9
Membre

Need the same thing

MHines
Membre

Coming here to find the same solution!

MMacGOH
Participant

Same here.  This should be basic functionality.  I don't understand why this isn't possible

alpuureedu
Membre | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Same here. What I found is via API, which I'm not even good at.

kbishop
Membre

This is a pretty basic feature that should be available.

Lieke_Crunchr
Participant

We also would love to have this!

indiejoseph
Membre

We also need this feature!!

Bwillyrich
Participant

We need this as well

MLanz
Membre

Essential for any company selling products not services!!!!

Oscar_bernal
Membre

We've got a segment of our business, corresponding to a recently acquired company, that works with a lot of products and we've migrated them to using Hubspot. And now I have a big problem when I try to mark all those old deals with the corresponding information. This solution would be amazing for me!

RAgarwal
Membre

As the entire industry is moving towards no code low code. Kindly move these basic functionality at UI level.

GoranTheKingdom
Membre | Partenaire solutions Diamond

This would be a great feature that we would use often.

AWittig
Membre

Totally agree, we need this feature as well. Is something happening already in dev.?

KristineJoy
Membre

How is this not a feature already?

GFuellenbach
Membre

Agreed! This needs to be a feature. It severely limits deal data from external sources. (i.e. Salesforce)

RHIS
Membre

Totally agree about the idea.

All new clients would have an important backlog of transactions without line items.

It is part of the learning curve on the transaction module on Hubspot.

GMirMon
Membre

Yep, we need this functionality too. Not sure how to accurately calculate "amount" if I can't import line items - which means I can't calculate advertising ROI from final closed won deals.

Alexissong
Membre

Need this functionality ASAP.

HowellJames
Membre

Need this, surprised it is not available