HubSpot Ideas

ybn

Import deals with line items

It should be possible to import deals with line items

67 Replies
DMS
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

Definately a time saver - particulalry when migrating from another CRM without the need for custom scripting

kastraver
Contributor

Throwing in my voice for this one. I reckon it's linked with the inability to do any kind of data analysis within Deals based on Line Items.

DWilde

We have Deals for annual service contracts which have many line items which we need to import from our previous quotation system (Quotewerks).  Currently it takes 10-20 times longer to generate a quotation in HubSpot due to the need to input line items afresh compared to updating an old quotation in Quotewerks ... so the service-team users really loathe using HubSpot for this purpose...  an import of Line Items into a HubSpot Deal would be most welcome !!!! 

MatthieuDumont
Participant

same here

trangnguyen
Participant

We need this ASAP especially importing from a different CRM

GFuellenbach

Absolutely agreed! Can we get an update on this request? 
It seems like every few days I see another notification about this Hubspot Idea.

MarkusHue
Contributor

Necessary feature, absolutely needed! Hows the status on this idea?

SHerod

We are new to Hubspot and as a media company need to import 12+ years of CRM data with thousands of line items. Even one new order can contain 100 line items! Very surprised this feature is not standard, as it is a necessity for so many businesses. Status update here? This thread has been going for over a year. 

2chars
Contributor

This makes it hard to adopt HubSpot! Much needed.

JLambán

This would help us a lot!!

BVelilla

Yes, it would be very useful. We have a similar need.

JustinEverett
Participant

Adding my +1 to this as well. This is definitely a needed feature.

ChrisDellen
Participant | Partner

Yes please!

ASims

This is a very important feature for my team to be able to load products to deals. Both to new deals and to manage on existing deals. 

rodericks
Contributor

Hey All,

we were struggling with this as well. However, I actually found a pretty simple solution to it. Actually, 2 solutions:.

First of all, import all deals with Hubspot's deal import. Associate the deals with the correct company and contact person. Import all your products After that, export alle deals (in order to get the deal ID) and products (in order to get the ProductID). Create an google sheet / excel where at least the following information is found: line item description, price of the line item, deal id, product id. 

After that

1. Solution based on Zapier (easier but more expensive one):

Create a zap that does the same as picture below. So you connect a Google sheet where all the line items are, including the items as stated above. AFter that, you create a line item in hubspot, where you connect all items of the line item with the correct items in the zap. After that, you use the ID that is created in step 2 (Create Line_Item in Hubspot) to create an associations with the deal. You can test and run the script, and after that it's just waiting for Zapier to fill your deals with line-items

rodericks_0-1640175857754.png

2. Solution based on Integromat. (more difficult, but cheaper) 

Create an scenario as stated below, where you use the Google sheet again.

rodericks_1-1640176130446.png

The first HTTP request is a post HTTP request, where you create your line item with the items of GOogle Sheet. After that, you make an PUT Http request where you associate the create line item with an deal. 

I know it's not ideal, but at least we can work with this CRM now 🙂

MarkusHue
Contributor

Hi rodericks,

seems to be a possible solution for importing historical data! I will check this definitely. Many thanks!

SHerod

Yes rodericks thank you! I will dig in to this. Hate that we have to have this kind of workaround with what we're spending on Hubspot, but very thankful for you sharing this!

GMirMon

Thanks @rodericks - that Zapier workaround you suggested makes so much sense! We already use Zapier and HubSpot together, but I'd never thought of importing line items with a Zap. 10/10 to you for finding a solution - thank you and happy new year!

rodericks
Contributor

@GMirMon more than happy to help you! I actually was surprised it was this easy after all. But still, it should be a function within Hubspot. 

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this is on our roadmap for this quarter and, while I can't give you an exact timeline for release, I would expect that sometime next quarter (Q2'22) you will be able to import Deals into HubSpot with Line Items. 

This particular feature probably won't have a wide beta. We'll test it it with a dozen or so teams, then we'll just roll it out to everyone on a percentage basis. I'll update this thread when we begin the percentage rollout. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!