HubSpot Agency Partner Kickoff 2017 Q&A

Academy

Support Resources

Internal Knowledge Base

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import contacts, with existing HubSpot details as the master

I have many contacts already in my HubSpot database, but also have lots of contacts in a legacy CRM system. I want to export from the legacy system and import into HubSpot, but as the import is coming from an old system I want any data already in HubSpot to be considered the master (so not overwritten by the import).

Perhaps on each field in the import you could say whether it should overwrite existing data in HubSpot. 

This would allow me to easily migrate all my contacts from my legacy CRM without worrying about old data overwriting my more up to date HubSpot data.

I would also like to be able to import contacts, but choose that any that already exist in HubSpot be excluded from the import.

4 Comments
kevin
Occasional Contributor

I would like to be able to import contacts, but choose that any that already exist in HubSpot be excluded from the import.

ashley_milne
Regular Contributor

We are building a third-party tool to do exactly this. We’d be happy to talk through your particular import details and have you try out our tool to make sure it meets your needs - please feel free to direct message me if you’re interested!

ashley_milne
Regular Contributor

We are building a third-party tool to do exactly this. It will check for existing contacts you have, and allow you to choose if you want to update specific fields on those records or just ignore and simply import only new contacts. If you’re interested in trying this out, feel free to direct message me and I’d be happy to walk through your specific needs to make sure it’s a good fit!

Status changed to: New

Hi @kevin, I've actually merged your previous idea ("Import contacts, ignoring any already in HubSpot") because the two are intrinsically related, and if a solution for one of these were to be implemented, it would likely also address the other. Combining these two ideas will increase the chance of other users finding and upvoting the same one, which will increase its visibility. Please let me know if you have any questions!