HubSpot Ideas

twindaddy

Import a list WITHOUT deduping by email. Just ADD NEW RECORDS.

I cannot believe something this simple is not already a part of HubSpot!

PLEASE allow me to import records WITHOUT deduping them automatically by email!

I JUST WANT TO ADD RECORDS TO MY DB AND DEDUPE THEM MANUALLY LATER.

I was just told on the Help Chat that there is no way to do this unless I delete the email column from my import file. Then importing the list without any email addresses would create a new record for each row in the file.

WHAT GOOD would it do to have contacts in my db that I cannot contact?

The simple scenario is this:

I don't know if the emails in my list are more current or older than what's in my db already.

I have used other CRMs that allow me to compare similar records at one time on the screen with similar record 1 on the left and similar record 2 on the right. I can check mark which fields of either record I want to keep. When I have chosen which fields I want to keep from either side, I click MERGE RECORDS and it pulls all the checkmarked fields from record 2 into record 1 without overiding any checked fields on record 1.

Please just let me import/add records into my database without deduping anything. I want to do that later! I just want to add all my new records to a single list I'm creating. Please!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply
twindaddy

I would have made the category IMPORT, but alas, that category isn't available. Why not?