HubSpot Ideas

NParshotam

Import Shopify SKUs to HubSpot

I have two-way sync between HubSpot and Shopify using the HubSpot integration enabled, but while products are imported from Shopify, the SKUs are not. 

Can we please have that? 

Thanks!

21 Kommentare
CUrsu1
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

the Shopify integration needs more fields mapped, definetly. Ideally should le tyou pick like the old Piesync intragtion did. 

NicoleJ
HubSpot-Moderator/-in

On behalf of a customer, this is a critical part within their HubSpot use case!

JGarthwaite0
Mitglied

This is absolutely critical to two businesses I'm involved with. There is a clear SKU field in Shopify and a clear SKU field in HubSpot....not sure why the data can't be pulled from one into the other. The mapping works perfectly with other ecommerce integrations such as CED Commerce from Magento into HubSpot.

Wellkasa
Mitglied

Agree with other comments here. SKUs are basic building blocks of any ecommerce business and for Hubspot to be missing that is a major gap. Please prioritize and add the ability to pull SKUs from Shopify.  

JSRowland6
Teilnehmer/-in

Completely agree this is completely necessary.  Its mind boggling that it was left out - we know our products by their sku than the description and when we submit quotes to goverments, they always want to see sku.

scottflanigan
Teilnehmer/-in | Gold Partner

Any update to this?

JSRowland6
Teilnehmer/-in
Not that I'm aware of.
scottflanigan
Teilnehmer/-in | Gold Partner

I did notice that products sync line items to deals and those line items DO have associated SKUs.. So at least there's that. Solves for our use case. 🤷‍♂️ Hope someone finds that helpful.

emcmillan007
Mitglied

The fact that SKU isn't available in the default sync is astonishing. With 20,000 products it's impossible to search by name, you must use SKU. This is worthless for most customers. 

HubSpot, please fix this. Also enabling simple other meta data too. This is 2023 and this was requested in 2021! Wow.

EShamon
Mitglied

definitely a needed field for syncing!! please add this option. Thank you 

Torien
Mitglied

Looks like I am joining your queue, this is really challenging as we have 100k+ products, and I am certainly not getting someone to add the SKU's in. Question, if I export all my products from Shopify, and import them into Hubspot, would the SKU's be published? Is that the work around? 

emcmillan007
Mitglied

@Torien We ended up building our own sync from our PIM using the HubSpot API to bring in the SKU and make it do what we wanted. We deleted the Shopify to HubSpot Sync... it isn't ready for scale.

Torien
Mitglied

@emcmillan007 may I ask what PIM platform you are using, as we are currenty reviewing several? 

WeatherFlow
Teilnehmer/-in

I chatted with Hubspot support today and they advised that this is possible using the "ID" Shopify property in New Product Field Mapping. That was not correct, so now here I am, finding that a seemingly basic property is not sync-able. Back to square one!

KMastenbroek
Mitglied

Hubspot? Why has this not yet been fixed? It really should. Seems very simple as it is standard in Shopify and the basis for all transactions in e-commerce!

The order sync 'Shopify-HubSpot' should be able to bring in SKUs. Really seems a big miss and don't understand why this was left out? Can you advise? And or advise workaround? 

WHabermann
Mitglied

Hello, I'm another customer who needs to map the Shopify SKU to the HubSpot SKU. Any clue when this will be addressed?

WeatherFlow
Teilnehmer/-in

It's absolutely ridiculous that Shopify SKUs are not mapped. Line items aren't either, though maybe 10% of all our Shopify sales do enter Hubspot with the line item. Why? No idea. Hubspot does not seem to know either. I don't understand how to segment customers based on what they've purchased without either of those data points. 

Torien
Mitglied

Hi WeatherFlow, 

You need to ensur that you are using the latest connector for Shopify in Hubspot, as it has changed quite a bit just recently. Be mindful however if you use the ecommerce pipeline, as the new connector replaces it with an orders pipeline that is very differant and has caused us untold issues. That said, we are sync'ing our SKU's now (see below), which is almost enough to make the update worthwhile. 

Torien_0-1709855418785.png

Reach out if you want more information,as there is a little more to the new Shopify App than meets the eye. 

WeatherFlow
Teilnehmer/-in

@Torien Might be obvious, but how can I make sure I'm using the latest connector? There are no alerts when I go into my connected apps for Shopify. Would this require me to disconnect the app, then add it back? Thanks!

WeatherFlow
Teilnehmer/-in

I ask because our Shopify app seems to be up to date but I'm not sure I'm missing something.