HubSpot Ideas

mwee

Import Products into folder

With the new folder tool, we are able organise Products into our Product Library. However, this would be much better if we are able to import Product directly into the folders. 

Typically, when using a Product import, we are importing a long list of Products and it is time consuming to have to move each individual Product into a folder after import. 

49 Replies
bradytraeder
Contributor

agreed!

bradytraeder
Contributor

Agreed. Really need this!

JonnyZOO
Contributor

Totally agree!

bradytraeder
Contributor

Need this asap

TauriqS
Participant

Also agree, there's quite a bit of improvement needed around product management, this is definetly a part of it.

OMLeigh

This is essential for maintaining and setting up these product lists.

PowerbiAdmin
Participant

Yes - this is very much needed.  I've read in other lists that many features are available via the API, but not through the web-app.  For instance, you also can't create custom properties through the UI.  I'm hoping this is on the docket to improve the product management features in hubspot.

Uploading products and then having to organize them into folders is a huge time-suck.

jnormand
Participant

Agreed, this takes quite a bit of time every time I upload a new list of products. The better solution would be more robust filtering, searching, and organizing tools for the product catalogue so we wouldn't need to use the current terrible folder system. 

KezzaM
Participant

When you add a single product you can select to add it to a folder that has already been created. 

When you do a bulk upload this is not an option... now I have 1000 products that I have to put into a single folder in sets of 20 (time suck). 

If you export all products into a CSV the folder is not one of the properties exported, nor is there anywhere to customise what fields are exported.   IF the folder could be exported this could be a quick work around if it is also recognised during bulk upload.    This would allow you to bulk upload AND fix ones currently loaded but not in a folder.

Proposed Solution:  If folders are created you should be able to select that property when doing a bulk upload (As you could with any custom property).   If data is exported the folder that the item is in should be part of the CSV file.    

SNahar

seconded!

SageDev

We need it as well.

inigolekunberri
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is a must! 

JCRUZGALLEGO

Es super necesario ya que nos facilita mucho el trabajo de mover uno a uno los datos

Hagland
Participant

Is needed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently going through 43 pages to move into 1 folder. Come on Hubspot, that's beyond rubbish. 😞

AODonnell8
Member | Platinum Partner

Being able to bulk import products and choose which folder to import them to would be a huge timesaver and ease a very manual painpoint that we face today when importing products for our clients today. Our clients mainly work in industry and have large product inventories, we are finding the products tool limited in terms of organisation and search power. 

Isn't this an option via the API? When we add products via the API. When we use the WooCommerce plugin we see an folder automatically created. Could be a solution. 

AndreasH

Same here, over 1000 oproducts in catalogue so moving them page by page is very time consuming.

Suggest support for:

- Allow manual import to specific folder

- Allow to move all proucts in list into a folder and not only page by page

Related Asks:

- Show folder structure when creating quotes

- Make e-com products to work with quotes

DanielleROTL
Participant | Diamond Partner

i can't believe this doesn't exist - importing nearly 300 hundred products all orgnised to import into relevant folders and now find out i must do it manually 😫
Completely agree, this is a must!

tomatohead
Member | Platinum Partner

yes of course