HubSpot Ideas

KamilaB

Import Product List in Sales Pro

For Products as a new feature it would be great to make it possible to import a list of products.

HubSpot Updates
Re: Import Product List in Sales Pro - changed to: Delivered
July 25, 2018 02:14 PM

Hello everyone, thank you for your valuable feedback on importing products. This feature is currently in beta and will be rolled out to all portals in the next few weeks! 

Re: Import Product List in Sales Pro - changed to: In Beta
May 30, 2018 02:34 PM

Hi all! We're preparing a beta for importing Products. Please direct message me your HubSpot portal ID and email address if you are willing to help us test this out to get it ready for all customers to use 🙂

30 Replies
codymiles512

I spent two days importing over 1,000 products into Hubspot. I'd love, love, love to never have to do that again. Please add a product import feature (and I hoping it can be similar to importing contacts, deals or companies).

IvanKarp
Top Contributor

Hi there!

Yes manually data import can be a time-consuming and challenging process, that is annoying. So, as an alternative to it, you may take a look at data2crm service, as it offers a direct HubSpot CRM data import in a fully automated way.

So, in this case, CRM migration becomes more simple and easy to perform the process. In case you have some questions, regarding products migration, please mail me directly.

Thanks, hope it will help

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

@codymiles512 I'd love to have some more context around this for our Product team. Were you importing that many individual products to your product library, or associating them Deal records that many times?

Leigh_Simpson
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Agreed Kamila.

Frustrating that the feature has been launched without basic functionality.  You can't even sort columns alphabetically.

We have a migration that will require circa 3000 products that need to be imported and linked to deals, but no ability to automate this process.

debra-jmxbrands
Participant

This would be very helpful to us. We have about 12,000 products and there is no way we can manually upload them all.

Thomas_Vanguard
Participant | Platinum Partner

It would be great to be able to import a list of products with relevant fields rather than manually input each one.

talktotrey
Contributor

I have over 1000 products.  The fact that HubSpot is saying "create them one at a time" tells me the HubSpot CRM was not well planned.  It is sad that more Planning and Support is not being offered to this product.  Does anyone know the name of the Product Manager? 

talktotrey
Contributor

@IvanKarp - Data2CRM pricing?  

They don't have clear pricing.  Its frustrating not to have flat costing to see if the product works for you.  I will sign up and limp through the onboarding process.  Wish HubSpot would get focused on the serious challenges and get this fixed.  

ToddHockenberry
Member | Diamond Partner

We have a client with hundreds of products and variations and it would be a huge time saver to be able to import these from a spreadsheet. It would help with tracking deals and give an order history within CRM. All of our clients would use this feature.

talktotrey
Contributor

Todd, Thanks for commenting on my original post.  Trying to recommend HubSpot CRM/Sales to businesses is seriously hampered by the "blind-spots" the product has. 

Mass Updates of all sorts are critical to functionality.  Not having Mass Update abiltiy to all content relegates HubSpot CRM to a "nice idea".  I am forced to use another product to manage my "products". 

CRM's are used for Sales.  No Products means I can't quote.  No Quotes means that HubSpot "CMR" is a Communications Management Tool, not a CRM.  

anniemor
Participant

- I have 12 000 products so as it is this product functionality can't be use as the quote has to be done elsewhere - how will sales use the opportunity 

thanks @talktotrey I like your "CRM's are used for Sales.  No Products means I can't quote.  No Quotes means that Hubspot "CMR" is a Communications Management Tool, not a CRM.  this is so true also for task, importing task and asign them to sales is also a core function for a CRM.

talktotrey
Contributor

Pricing to do a one-time import from Data2CRM was $500!  That was for 100 leads, 100 accounts, 100 contacts, 100 opportunities.  I have thousands of products that will need updating regularly.  At those costs I'm priced out.  I have requested the integration from Zapier so fingers crossed.

valeriew

I also need the ability to import products. Gonna be a ton of work to create them one at a time!

Justinmiller

I also want the ability to upload the product quantities to each deal via CSV.  Not only upload the product.

We currently have custom fields for product volumes for inventory tracking

PaulBickley
Contributor

As an example, I run a SaaS software platform. Our prices are per location either annually or monthly, both the MRR an ARR is different for the respective annual and monthly terms. We have a product pricing tier for each location e.g. 1 location 2 locations and so on so forth. I'm having to enter 400 products manually.  It's taking me two whole days to do this, not idea. 

markusL
Participant

Hope you guys will fast-track an import functionality capable at the very least of importing a CSV file.

Without this capability the product feature is useless.

eaforman

Our product list is over 300 lines. Don't want to do that by hand.

Also we would LOVE more than one list. (We have 2 basic product lines).

Finally, I see someone mentions Data2CRM as an option to import data. What about your existing salesforce integration? We already have our product catalogues set up in Salesforce, and would love to port them over as we attempt to migrate away from sf.

markkofman
Top Contributor

Now that HubSpot launched Products API, you can import products lists using https://www.hubspot.com/integrations/import2-wizard. It's free for files up to 1,000 rows.

Disclaimer: I am with Import2 team.

opendorz
Contributor

markkofman,  how come your wizard ap page doesn't even mention importing product data?  I just signed up and will give it whirl.  Hope it works, because like the other posters here, entering product data by hand into Hubspot is unacceptable.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! We're preparing a beta for importing Products. Please direct message me your HubSpot portal ID and email address if you are willing to help us test this out to get it ready for all customers to use 🙂