HubSpot Ideas

David1

Import Parent Child Relationships for Companies

I would like to upload a large number of companies. During said upload, I would like to specify parent-child relationships instead of having to do it manually afterwards.

36 Replies
nicknem
Participant

We work with Hotel chains who have thousands of properties we work with individually.  Desperately need this.

Ohhcoconut
Contributor

If anyone learns of a way to do this, please let us know. We have about 5 parent companies that apply to over 200 child companies and would definitely appreciate a way to add this to the CSV file for import.

Cnadler
Participant | Platinum Partner

We need this too

jilwilso
Member | Gold Partner

We work with manufacturing companies, many with large distributed rep networks. Great need for this.

brewmjk

RT^

cristianneely87

Please this is very necessary in order to make Hubspot CRM more robust and worldclass

joverholt
Contributor

I have recently encountered this issue as well.  If I know the company ID number of the parrent company that I want to assing to a child company, I should be able to bulk import these updates all at once.

Thank you

dschroed
Participant

@hubspotany update on this?! Roadmap planning? 

From the Knowledgbase is say: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/companies/how-can-i-add-a-parent-or-child-company...

"Is it possible to import companies to a parent-child relationship?
No, not at this time."

ebutler

I need to do the same thing! 

reTyre
Participant

Is there any progress on this topic, @hubspot?

Dan1
Guide

Hi @David1 , @reTyre , @ebutler , @dschroed , @joverholt , 

I don't have an exact solution for this right now. However, we do have some functionality which would speed things up for you. We created account mapping functionality which gives you a visual of your parent and child relationships and gives you the ability to build them faster. If you are interested check out the demo video below:

If you have any quesitons then please don't hesitate to get in touch. 

Kind Regards, 

Dan

Co-Founder

OrgChartHub   Certified HubSpot App Partner 

GeoMapper 

enorberg
Contributor

I also really need this. It seems like a major design flaw to implement this kind of structure without allowing users to upload the relationships in an efficient manor.

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product. Importing parent-child relationships is possible today using a HubSpot partner - Trujay or Import2 come to mind. 

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. At this time importing parent-child relationships is not something our team is currently planning to build natively into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future and we will update this idea if that becomes the case. 

FUghetto

Yes please! Import2 is nice but let's make it native

Susan_P
Participant

How do we get this prioritised? We deal with large global entities with multiple subsidiaries (sometimes into the 100s/1000s) they are all related either by domain but I have to do line by line association to the Parent?

EHalili

Agreed @Susan_P ! @Dylan This would be a super valuable feature to increase the integrity of our data and make swift updates for our clients. 

ShelbyLewis

This would be great for us as we work with Health Systems that have hundreds of Hospitals under their belt. Upvoting and following.

AODonnell8
Member | Platinum Partner

Upvoting, working with companies that have plants/factories all over and makes sense to use parent & child companies to represent this in hubspot - very slow and manual process to associate by hand

SLoo
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Dylan 

Understand that this is not part of the product plan in 2020 -- any success with this looking forward in 2022?

This is important as customers would have to manually correct the parent-child associations for each contact record otherwise. Hope the product team can keep this in their priority.

Thanks!

AAbernathy

This needs to be a higher priority.