HubSpot Ideas

MNault

Image Name in Edit Panel

I am a web designer and have always been anoyed by this... I would love to see the original name of an image indicated in the edit panel. For example, when you change the name of the image in the "alt text" field you lose the original name, making it hard to find. It would be so helpful when it comes to looking for an image if you want to edit it or find it in the "file" folder.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 11.36.27 AM.png

2 Replies
sarahcocos
Participant

I was just about to add this as an idea myself, so happy it has already been suggested! 
our best practice (for ADA compliance and emails populating before downloading images) is to update all alt tags to state what they are showing. This basically defeats the purpose of then easily locating and finding the image if I wanted to rebuild it at a later time without completly cloning the email. We have so many images that we can't sort through manually to locate a one-off so there should be some way to show the image's original file name for easy search and find.

Here's some suggestions: 

1. Include a field that shows image file name (not alt tag)

2. hover over to show the file name when replacing

3. clicking 'replace' would populate the original image as top choice in the pannel for all files/folders, so you can click that and at least view the original file info if needed.

Please make this a priority, as its very time consuming and frustrating to not be able to quickly see the name and use the same image when building emails. 

thanks,

Sarah

miriamehj

I agree completely, I need to be able to identify which image is used on the page. I can never be completely sure which image it is. 

I would also love the ability to go directly to the image's details from the page it is used on.