HubSpot Ideas

Margstar

If/then branches for Sequences

Would love the ability to create if/then branches for Sequences, similar to workflows. In my perfect scenario, I would be able to include hyperlinks or attachments within a Sequence as part of the if/then criteria. Let's say we're working with Sequence A. If they click this link to Product X, then they go into Sequence AB, if they click this link to Product Y, then they go into Sequence AC. So it would be one email to kick off the sequence, then the flow of where they go next is based on the action they took within the first email of Sequence A. 

17 Kommentare
Carly_Farlow
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I agree - we are currently working around this by creating workflows. My example:

If a sales person reaches out and they get an answer, they should send this follow-up email. 

If sales person reaches out and doesn't get an answer, they should send this follow-up email. 

The issue with the workflow is that it doesn't pause if task wasn't completed, so it moves through the workflow without the sales person following up. So now my sales person is asking if there's a way to pause a workflow, which is an idea. However, I think it would be better if I just had the ability to if/then in a sequence. 

A/B testing would also be a great thing for sequences! I'm also currently testing attachment versus links as some my sales team believe links get a higher bounce rate. So to test that, I have two separate templates with a naming convention saying this one has a link and this one is an attachment. However, it's not being sent truly 50/50 split. 

Thanks for always listening!

AllisonGilson
Mitglied

Hi all,

I'd also be interested in seeing "If/Then" statements in sequences.

In another use case . . .

If the contact opened an email in the sequence, then create a task to call. If they did not open the email, then move them to the next automated email.

This would help automate the prioritization of manual tasks in our sequences.

Allison

ABodereau
Mitglied | Diamond Partner

Hello everyone!

I wish to bounce back on this subject which is indeed, very interesting!

It is certain that "IF", "THEN" and other types of connections would be a real added value in automation.

But also in emails as Lemlist does with its Liquid Syntax or Apollo.io which allows you to enter formulas from Gmail.

It is a real asset to be able to create conditions such as :

- "{% if gender == "Mister" %} Mister,{% else %} Madam,{% endif %}"

- {% if position == "founder" %} As founder{% endif %} "

- {% spin %} {% variation %} I really want to talk to you. {% variation %} I think we should meet. {% variation %} How about a coffee. {% variation %} I really like your shoes. {% endspin %} " (BEST FUNCTION EVER)

What do you think about it?

GLarson
Mitglied

I would also love this ability for Sequences.  The if/then option

becky_ift
Mitglied | Elite Partner

This would be such a useful addition.  

Coopers
Mitglied

Bumping this -- it would be extremely useful to have branching in sequences. This could be for A/B testing email sequences (a feature which, until added, means that HubSpot simply can't compete with pure emailing softwares like Outreach.io). My personal use case is the following: 
IF contact's Company Name is known, start with "Hi [Company Name] team,"

OR 

IF contact's Company Name is NOT known, start with "Hi [First Name]," 

thomassadoul
Mitglied

Totally agree, would love to see that implemented in Hubspot!

DMPaschall
Mitglied

I'm also interested in this. It would be great to have if/then within emails/messages created as part of sequences and even specific tasks/actions created based on if/then criteria.

E.g., if I have a contact's direct phone number populated in HubSpot, I could create a task to call that person. Otherwise, I know I won't be able to reach them by phone, so I skip the phone call and go to whatever the next step in my sequence would have been.

MMunger
Mitglied

Just curious if there are any updates on this as an addition?

NGalindo9
Mitglied

I agree

Tatsunori
Mitglied

I strongly agree. 

My case is that if the contact was not from the direct possible client, we wanted to send a different email to that contact but just found out that we can't make "if then branch" within sequence. I sent the feedback now and hope this will come out sometime soon, as it increases the value of Hubspot as CRM. 

MPerry0
Mitglied

how is this not a thing yet

KUpton85
Mitglied
I feel like I ask this a lot with HS

CMcGarrah
Mitglied

Very interested in this. Specifically, if a contact opens an email in a sequence, then another specific email or task to call is triggered.

ng313
Mitglied
ActiveCampaign offers this feature
NikStapleton
Mitglied

I couldn't agree more, this should be standard. I'm a Sales Hub Pro and recently Marketing Starter user. Very frustrated last night after spending weeks creating content only to find that you can't do a simple, branched sequence/ workflow for a simple cadence. This is all part of HubSpot's aggressive upselling tactics. I was told I'd need to upgrade to Marketing Hub Pro. A real shame. For the money, these things should be a given.

LSzalai
Mitglied

I agree - this could be very useful