HubSpot Ideas

AngelaButler

Identify who created custom view in dashboard

We would like to be able (as super admins) to see who created each view under "created by others" in the contact "veiw all filters" section.

23 Replies
RBright

ok by me

fmccarthy

That would be helpful.

VVutkovič
Participant | Partner

Yes, this is a feature we need as well (for ourselves and our customers).

OME

Agree with this idea! This would be a helpful feature to keep organized

NMcClure

This would be extremely useful as some of our users typically name things in a similar fashion and forget to mark them private which causes confusion for others when searching views.

SteveHK

Very much needed, as admins we need to be able to change property field types on the fly and this is a large roadblock. 

GiorgioLuparia

This is a must have

Ceridwen1971
Participant

As an admin, it is my responsibility to keep our HubSpot instance as clean as possible. Knowing who created a custom view will aid me in eliminating duplicate views that will clutter our instance in addition to helping me identify who may need additional training/support.

BFuller

I agree that this would be extremely useful. 1, because we usually try to train people to keep their views private so it doesn't clutter. And 2, because we often find views that could use a little work, but can't find thh person needing help.

AngelaButler
Participant
Yes! I totally agree! Exactly!
MollUser1
Contributor

This would be really needed. We do not even see if people who left the company created this view or someone who is still within the company. 

NancyO4804
Contributor

This would be so helpful. There has be information on who created the view. 

KBalkwill

Agree, very helpful!

DNichols
Participant

Yes, this is a big deal. We need to be able to identify authors to begin a conversation.

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Agreed, currently customer would need all members to check their contact views individually to find who created which view. This does get in the way when they need to archieve certain properties but those properties are used in views of unknown owners

GFMirMon
Participant

Being able to see who created a view (I think this should be visible to all users not just super admins) would be really handy for us. I'm mid-way through migrating and trying to archive some properties for deals, and I can only do 50% of the clean-up, as I can't actually archive any properties which are used in Custom Views as columns. Also, the views seem quite random and old - being able to see the author would be incredibly helpful. I will say that it's brilliant that Hubspot does show and categorise where the properties are in use which not all systems can do.

BMorrow21

Agreed, having this function would help a lot.

Jzitek
Contributor

Very needed for admins. Our example is that we would like to consolidate fields and delete one, but the field we want to delete is used in many views, and we have no clue who owns those views. 

moserk

That would be very helpful. Especially when you want to change properties but can't because they are used in some views. But who created it to inform them?

CBrown42

YES!

As others have stated, "View" with properties lock deleting those properties. In my case, I replaced some current properties that required manual updates to a "Hubspot User" type, but now that I want to delete the old (no longer used) properties I cannot because they are used in some user-views. 

This is fine, except I cannot identify whose views they are to contact them and ask them to make the needed updates.

Please add this functionality.