HubSpot Ideas

achia

Identify Merged Contact

HI team,

Currently, the de-duplication tool allows users to merge contacts. This is currently an irreversible merge, which is understandable as some information is lost during the merge. However, it would be great if there could be a way to identify which contacts have been merged. Perhaps by creating a 'last merged' contact property that can be filtered by or the ability to filter for 'Email address is more than one'. 

I think that if users can at least identify merged contacts, they will have the option to manually unmerge the contacts by creating new records for the contacts that have merged.

14 Replies
Msyvrais
Key Advisor

I second this suggestion - currently working on thousands of merges and would be great if we can identify those who have had a merge on their activity history for several reasons.

Dedicated
Participant

I would love to have a property like this.

When merging two contacts, if the primary contact has no value for a property and the secondary contact does, then the secondary property value will populate the merged record, from what I understand.

If we have made a custom property to hold some email info that we find relevant, and then someone else at our company merges the contact into another contact that has a different email, the info on the merged contact will reflect an email with email info that refers to a different email. Having a property that lets us know that a merge happened, and which can automate certain updates/checks would help tremendously to make sure our data is reliable and consistent.

jpeluso
Participant

This would come in extremely handy for something I am currently working through now. Upvoted! 👍

DHeywood

this is really import for us when it comes to companies - we have an integration with other platforms that use this data and being able to identify when a company has been merged, either as it happens or through a report would be really helpful.

elanashama
Top Contributor

Definitely need to be able to see which contacts were merged! 

jgillan

Yes being able to seperate out the companies that have been merged by a merge date property would be super handy.

Kyle_Turner
Participant

Same would be true for Merged Deals

RiccardoPisani
Top Contributor

+1

Beata_W

Definitely needed

AdrianaVargas
Member | Diamond Partner

Gracias por la idea, estaría genial poder realizar listas de contactos combinados para poder filtrarlas en fechas específicas. Últimamente las hemos requerido. 

APastran
Participant

Yesss, please.

Courtney_Clark
Participant

Yes, this is definitely needed and would be extremely helpful. 

tmcginnis
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

+1 to this!

RFaurel

Same for merge tickets !