HubSpot Agency Partner Kickoff 2017 Q&A

Academy

Support Resources

Internal Knowledge Base

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORT DATA FOR EXISTING DEALS

We as a community are looking to import data for existing Deals.  Currently, Deal data can only be imported which would create new Deals.  We would like to be able to import data for existing ones.  Furthermore, it would be an added bonus if you could create a HubSpot ID as a unique identifier for importing said Deals. 

2 Comments
carinampowers

Yes, we need a way to update existing deals ... please! 

Updating fields from the deals overview screen would also be great. 

Currently, we have to click into each deal to update individual fields ... very time consuming and not a great consumer expereience. It should be as easy as possible for sales people to keep deals and information updated. 

trisaratops
Occasional Contributor

The ability to bulk update existing deals (and associated deal properties) using an import would be a HUGE help and time saver. Similar to how email address is the unique identifier to allow for bulk updating of contacts via import, I like the above suggestion of there being something like a Deal ID to be able to import/update existing deals in a similar way.

A use case for you:

- HubSpot's default "Closed Lost Reason" property is configured as a Multi-line text field.

- Our sales team has asked for a dropdown or multi-select version of this field that has predetermined values.

- When you go to move a deal to the Closed/Lost phase, the default pop-up provides 2 properties: Closed Date, Closed Lost Reason. To my knowledge you cannot customize this pop-up to include other/preferred or custom properties (ex: a custom multi-select property that provides those predetermined values).

- You can (per this help article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/deals/how-can-i-customize-the-closed-lost-reason-...) edit the default Closed Lost Reason property to be a multi-select. However, we don't want to lose the existing data that's been stored in that multi-line text field to this point.

To solve the above scenario - with the current tool limitations - I would have to manually update over 400 deals to include this historic data, and I unfortunately just don't have the time or resources for that. An import would make quick work of it.

Thanks for listening,

Sara