HubSpot Ideas

David1

IMPORT DATA FOR EXISTING DEALS

We as a community are looking to import data for existing Deals.  Currently, Deal data can only be imported which would create new Deals.  We would like to be able to import data for existing ones.  Furthermore, it would be an added bonus if you could create a HubSpot ID as a unique identifier for importing said Deals. 

12 Replies
carinampowers

Yes, we need a way to update existing deals ... please! 

Updating fields from the deals overview screen would also be great. 

Currently, we have to click into each deal to update individual fields ... very time consuming and not a great consumer expereience. It should be as easy as possible for sales people to keep deals and information updated. 

trisaratops

The ability to bulk update existing deals (and associated deal properties) using an import would be a HUGE help and time saver. Similar to how email address is the unique identifier to allow for bulk updating of contacts via import, I like the above suggestion of there being something like a Deal ID to be able to import/update existing deals in a similar way.

A use case for you:

- HubSpot's default "Closed Lost Reason" property is configured as a Multi-line text field.

- Our sales team has asked for a dropdown or multi-select version of this field that has predetermined values.

- When you go to move a deal to the Closed/Lost phase, the default pop-up provides 2 properties: Closed Date, Closed Lost Reason. To my knowledge you cannot customize this pop-up to include other/preferred or custom properties (ex: a custom multi-select property that provides those predetermined values).

- You can (per this help article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/deals/how-can-i-customize-the-closed-lost-reason-...) edit the default Closed Lost Reason property to be a multi-select. However, we don't want to lose the existing data that's been stored in that multi-line text field to this point.

To solve the above scenario - with the current tool limitations - I would have to manually update over 400 deals to include this historic data, and I unfortunately just don't have the time or resources for that. An import would make quick work of it.

Thanks for listening,

Sara

sac45310

After a data import we noticed that a number of data points on a deal were inaccurate or that they pulled the incorrect data from the previous CRM.  We would love to be able to import using a unique ID or some other way that would override and place the correct information into those deals.  Right now we will spend a few weeks manually editing that data...

hilarydunn

My sales teams just reorganized territories and the Hubspot owner of the deals don't correspond to the contact Hubspot owner. With the current limitations, there is no way to bulk update the deals with the correct Hubspot owner since there is no state field or Deal ID. I now have to go into over 800 deals and manually update the correct Hubspot owner. This seems like a logical capability that needs to be on the immediate product roadmap.

tkulyk
Participant

This is a major issue that HubSpot needs to resolve.

This feature used to be available, based on articles I found online.

Why was it removed?

markkofman
Top Contributor

While this feature is not yet available, you can use a 3rd party tool for this - https://www.hubspot.com/integrations/import2-wizard - it allows you to import new or update existing deals. 

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

Hi

We have an integration with Hubspot called Threads that automatically syncs your historic and future emails from your email client and logs them in your HubSpot instance. It captures both emails sent by you and also emails sent to you from your contacts. If this is of interest feel free to drop me a line at threads@jpy.com 

JosieSA
Contributor

https://www.hubspot.com/integrations/import2-wizard

This saved my bacon. Thank you for suggesting. But come on Hubspot - this is a critical missing feature for businesses with scale. 

gcerami

The ability to update deals using the import function would be huge and let you get more marketshare.  You already create a DEAL ID -- it's in the deal URL -- you just need to make that a unique identifier for us to import updates to Deal fields.  It may seem small but, it is a powerful when someone is migrating from another CRM to yours.

wouterklink

It has been some time since someone stressed the importance of this update.

So here it goes: Hubspot, creat this feature!!

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

I'm happy to let you all know that Deal ID is now included as a property on all deals. The Deal ID is generated automatically when a deal is created, and will be created in sequential order. When you export deals, the ID will be included on the file. And, you can now import and update your Deals using this ID. The full details are broken down in this blog post.

NicoP

Hello,

Thanks for this useful feature but I have a question about it.

Is there a way to import a file with a column "deal id" and in the same import :

• update existing deals based on this field
  • create new deals when the field is empty

Because I have not find the way to do that (if there is one). I have to split my files and import in 2 parts each time.

Thanks