IF branches reconnection

IF statements is a nice addition, but it is useless if the 2 branches created cannot be reconnected to continue a workflow. Otherwise it just forces us to duplicate all the common events in two branches, once the IF exception is passed...

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/6490155-if-branches-reconnec...

HubSpot updates
IF branches reconnectionHubSpot Product Team
changed to: In Beta
08-27-2019

Hi all! I'm excited to announce we've put this feature in beta as of yesterday. It's currently only available in deal, ticket, company, and quote-based workflows, but will be coming soon to contact-based workflows. If you're interested in testing it as part of the beta, please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-lUVTFBcCtepksiwiOYPBzakwkYPrZzShGBrcjYZo3fpFdQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 4.54.17 PM.png

08-27-2019

thanks for catching that @Kriszti! I just updated the link and it should work now.  

08-27-2019

Hi all, this is solidly on our radar and we hope to tackle it in coming months. We're currently focusing primarily on reliability and core infrastructure work but this is one of our top priorities after that. We will keep this idea updated as anything changes. Appreciate your feedback here! 

changed to: In Planning
08-27-2019

88 Replies
jimboc100
New Contributor

We really need the ability to reconnect Workflows.

If not, our workflow would expand exponentially because of all the options related to our customers.

We are considering using a seperate product specifically because HubSpot has this limitation.

If yall have any idea when you will be implementing this change, I would like to know.

6/29/2017

AndrewRayner
New Contributor

Regarding if/then reconnection - There is already a way of dealing with this in HubSpot by using an additional workflow.

Simply create a workflow with the common steps and enroll contacts automatically on completion of existing workflow branches once unique actions have been performed.

jimboc100
New Contributor

Andrew,

I know about that.

But I would like it to work in one worflow,

Multiple workflows would cause a nuclear explosion of fragmentation workflows. Each of these mini flows would equal duplicated work.

This is a needed feature.

AndrewRayner
New Contributor

It's good that you know about this but I was mentioning it so other community users would be aware.

Using appropriate naming I've found this to be a very effective way of dealing with the requirement, in addition, you can use the mini-workflows in multiple 'parent' workflows making it more efficient than reconnecting branches (which otherwise would contain duplicated work) for some requirements.

jimboc100
New Contributor

If you look at the other comments, what you have said is the official HubSpot response.

The problem is not that this cannot be hacked around using other workflows.

The problem is that the official solution is a hack.

This could work in some cases--your case for instance.

But it does not work for all cases--my case and that of the others who want this feature.

To say "you can accomplish what you seek by X" on a "HubSpot Ideas" forum misses the point of the forum.

This is the feature request thread.

The current solutions are not sufficient. If they were, then I would have done that and I wouldn't be here hoping HubSpot would make something different.

AndrewRayner
New Contributor

1. The point of the forum (as stated) is to 'Search, post, and collaborate on how we can improve HubSpot products'. As you've pointed out my suggestion will work, therefore it's relevant to the thread. I never suggested it would negate the need for the feature.

2. My comment is more specific than the 'official response' and doesn't involve clicking a link and having to interpret the manual. It enables someone to work around the challenge whilst the feature is not available and contrary to your statement, hack or otherwise, it will work in all cases

3. Chill ... find something constructive to add to the discussion instead of criticizing those who are

jimboc100
New Contributor

If 'Search, post, and collaborate on how we can improve HubSpot products' is the point

and you say "the current system does what you want," you are not on topic.

Smiley Very Happy

mt1
New Contributor

HubSpot - take note and look at the Eloqua Campaign Canvas. I don't miss much about Eloqua but their campaign canvas was great for building complex nurture campaigns and it's a free build so you can connect paths without having to rebuild paths because contacts can only go down a single one. 

jimgoldstein
Occasional Contributor

Another vote as this is a much-needed feature.  This would be a real time saver to keep workflows from becoming too unwieldy and prone to error as revisions are made.

settimio
New Contributor

Another vote for this please!!