IF branches reconnection

IF statements is a nice addition, but it is useless if the 2 branches created cannot be reconnected to continue a workflow. Otherwise it just forces us to duplicate all the common events in two branches, once the IF exception is passed...

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/6490155-if-branches-reconnec...

HubSpot updates
92 Replies
PeterZeller
Occasional Contributor

It is about time this was a thing. I think this is a brilliant idea. We use if/then branches that end up eventually making their way back to one another all the time. It would make workflows so much less muddled and take much less time to create if we could link branches of the workflows to one another.

evilc79
New Contributor

+1 for this feature. Would make workflows so much better.

Cori_nna
New Contributor

I would also like to vote for this feature. I'm planning a new workflow with various if/then splits and I would end up with more than 12 branches that are identical in large parts of the flow...

GavinD
Regular Visitor

Yes please, I'm setting up territory assignment rules in HubSpot using workflows (of course there are lots of other use cases including nurture workflows) but essentially after each IF/THEN branch has set the territory field, I then have to call another workflow to do the actual assignment. It means that same step is repeated on every branch as opposed to reconnecting all of the branches back to a continuation branch and only having the step incliuded once. Pardot has this in their new Email Nurture workflows and it's a huge time saver that avoids multiple repeating steps e.g. only doing a resend to people who have not responded (used it for a GDPR compliance workflow).

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: In Beta

Hi all! I'm excited to announce we've put this feature in beta as of yesterday. It's currently only available in deal, ticket, company, and quote-based workflows, but will be coming soon to contact-based workflows. If you're interested in testing it as part of the beta, please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-lUVTFBcCtepksiwiOYPBzakwkYPrZzShGBrcjYZo3fpFdQ/viewform?...

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 4.54.17 PM.png

Kriszti
Occasional Contributor

Hi @bellawu ,

this is fantastic news! I would love to sign up for it, but unfortunately, I keep receiving an error message when I click on the link

Looking forward to try out the new feature Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kriszti

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

thanks for catching that @Kriszti! I just updated the link and it should work now.  

greenpapertowel
New Contributor

@bellawu game changer! Tempted to switch back for this... will be essential to get this into contact workflows though!

SarahN
Regular Contributor

Huzzah!

PeterZeller
Occasional Contributor

Signed up for beta just now.