IF branches reconnection

IF statements is a nice addition, but it is useless if the 2 branches created cannot be reconnected to continue a workflow. Otherwise it just forces us to duplicate all the common events in two branches, once the IF exception is passed...

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/6490155-if-branches-reconnec...

86 Replies
joelduckworth
Occasional Contributor

This is affecting us too and encourage Hubspot to prioritise this feature. 

Ben_Caliper
Occasional Contributor

This is affecting us as well. We end up having to build out such a larger program and process as workarounds for this.

DaraS

I've just had to create 5 workflows instead of 1 because it was far too painful to have to recreate every single step after each of the if/then branches (which added in one step for certain classes of enrolled contacts). Given you limit the number of workflows you should provide a better workaround for this situation.

robert1
Regular Contributor

+1

krislioe
New Contributor

We also need it very badly

+1

myMailHouse
Occasional Contributor

I just ran accross this same isssue.  We push a user down a branch and use email reminders to try and convert them from a partial to registerd user. If we are sussesful I want to add them back into the registerd user branch and not have to create a duplicate branch.  This would be a great hack!  

Gondyke
Occasional Contributor

Any update on this, HubSpot team? 

We're moving from a platform that was able to do this into HubSpot - having this feature would save us dozens of hours in tedious, repetitive configuration of duplicate steps.

Koogness
New Contributor

Please add this feature!

ab-jordanskole
New Contributor

ActiveCampaign has had this for a long time. Please add it. Seems silly not to and makes IF/ELSE unusable in a large number of circumstances. 

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi everyone,

My name is Beom and I am from the Hubspot Support team. It seems that this thread is requesting for the feature of putting all the contacts back to a single flow after going two separate ways via an IF/THEN branch - just had a customer reaching out about this feature, and I ended up on this thread! 

A workaround for this would be to use the "Enroll to another workflow" action (Professional onwards) - at the end of the two branches, if you enroll them to another workflow (with manual enrollment trigger set), you will technically be able to bring them back to a single flow. 

This is definitely not as convenient as joining the branches back together (which I'm sure we're working on), but I thought this workaround should be much more time-saving then manually duplicating all the actions.  Do let me know your thoughts on this!