HubSpot Ideas

bellawu

IF branches reconnection

IF statements is a nice addition, but it is useless if the 2 branches created cannot be reconnected to continue a workflow. Otherwise it just forces us to duplicate all the common events in two branches, once the IF exception is passed...

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/6490155-if-branches-reconnec...

92 Replies
Kriszti
Contributor

Upvoted! This functionality would be crucial for building even semi-complex nurture flows... hope to see it soon in HubSpot!

Best would be if it was possible to freely connect any workflow steps with each other (eg. Eloqua campaign canvas). 

Would be lovely to learn about where is the product team with this 🙂 

Csculthorp

I can't believe this isn't available now. We moved over from Drip and assumed this very basic feature would be available. I can't recreate my workflows properly now...

EmilKristensen

What is ETA on this? Without this feature, it makes a simple workflow advanced and the number of mistakes we see increased from using Activecampaign before. 

Please update us.

Morten_Olsson
Contributor

I see that this is in planning. Just chiming in to let you know, that this feature is sorely missed. Please prioritize highly 🙂

CrazyRussian

HMMM, might have to quit HubSpot if this feature is not added ASAP. 

SarahN
Contributor

Especially considering that they just sent out an email about how the Marketing Pro cost is going up, but this still hasn't been announced as part of it. 

KJ1

How are you supposed to build a good conditional workflow if you can't reconnect the two branches?  I can't believe a big marketing system as HubSpot doesn't have this basic feature. 

Any updates on this?

bmcenery

Completely agree this is critical - skip logic in workflows is foundational in most automation platforms i've used, really disappointed to not see that in Hubspot. 

CH4
Participant

Any update or time frame on this? I see it's in planning?

robinsonjn22
Participant | Partner

This is critical. We are migrating a client from Act-On and this is a critical piece of our workflows. We need to be able to say "IF" XYZ Send this email and then reenter the contact back into the main workflow. Right now we are creating a massive web of if/then statements which is taking much more time and effort than it should be. 

HubSpot, when will this be rolling out???? This is abosolutley critical. 

joelduckworth
Participant

This is affecting us too and encourage Hubspot to prioritise this feature. 

Ben_Caliper
Participant

This is affecting us as well. We end up having to build out such a larger program and process as workarounds for this.

DaraS

I've just had to create 5 workflows instead of 1 because it was far too painful to have to recreate every single step after each of the if/then branches (which added in one step for certain classes of enrolled contacts). Given you limit the number of workflows you should provide a better workaround for this situation.

robert1
Contributor

+1

krislioe

We also need it very badly

+1

myMailHouse

I just ran accross this same isssue.  We push a user down a branch and use email reminders to try and convert them from a partial to registerd user. If we are sussesful I want to add them back into the registerd user branch and not have to create a duplicate branch.  This would be a great hack!  

Gondyke

Any update on this, HubSpot team? 

We're moving from a platform that was able to do this into HubSpot - having this feature would save us dozens of hours in tedious, repetitive configuration of duplicate steps.

Koogness
Participant

Please add this feature!

ab-jordanskole
Participant

ActiveCampaign has had this for a long time. Please add it. Seems silly not to and makes IF/ELSE unusable in a large number of circumstances. 

bheo
HubSpot Employee

Hi everyone,

My name is Beom and I am from the Hubspot Support team. It seems that this thread is requesting for the feature of putting all the contacts back to a single flow after going two separate ways via an IF/THEN branch - just had a customer reaching out about this feature, and I ended up on this thread! 

A workaround for this would be to use the "Enroll to another workflow" action (Professional onwards) - at the end of the two branches, if you enroll them to another workflow (with manual enrollment trigger set), you will technically be able to bring them back to a single flow. 

This is definitely not as convenient as joining the branches back together (which I'm sure we're working on), but I thought this workaround should be much more time-saving then manually duplicating all the actions.  Do let me know your thoughts on this!