HubSpot Ideas

alittle718

I want to edit the Lifecycle stages for contacts

This issue has come up more than once for various needs: We need to add Partner (rather than other), some people are just business contacts (more details would delight me more than "other"). The inability to edit these doesn't give our business control of the stages and doesn't make us happy and hinders our business process. 

YES, we create custom properties to handle this, but it doesn't simplify our lives. Simply creates more fields that marketing and sales have to populate. Please help. Thank you.

58 Replies
bgraham

+1 for adding Partner and Churned to Lifecycle Stage

elanashama
Top Contributor

YES, would be AMAZING if we could create custom lifecycle stages/funnels and report on the stage conversions. No less important is reporitng on the campaign that converted a contact from one stage to the next, the time frame between each stage conversion and the precentage of contacts converting to the different stages. 

ELanyon
Participant

The issue I have (and have always had) with HubSpot LifeCycle Stage:
I beleive it's best practice to know:
1) WHO people are in your database
2) WHERE they are in the sales cycle

You shouldn't combine the two. I feel Hubspot does that. MQL is a WHERE and Evangelist is a WHO.

We have partners, investers, media, analysts, potential partners and so on. Yes, I know you can create a custom field to tag the WHO but people should not have to do this. Also, the HubSpot LifeCycle field is tied to so many things in the system, if you create something different it brings it's own set of problems.

I vote for being able to edit the LifeCycle Stage field and being able to to use or create a different field if a company needs it. 

will_womack
Participant

Hello, its 2021!... Hubspot is awesome! But Lifecycle is the same as when this thread was started!

Here is a simple idea... from hubspot developers point of view, make lifecyle:

Lifecycle 1

Lifecycle 2

Lifecycle 3

etc...

then allow custom names of Lifecycle 1, 2, 3 etc.... we all have Lifecycle, but we call them different things

spencekeith
Participant

Glad this is "in planning" rlly need dis!

DinDjarin
Participant

Yes! hoping to see this come online soon!

LBlack
Member | Elite Partner

Yes! Even to just add past client. That is a pretty big thing to track, universally.

CirrusAubrey

Hoping this is closer to being rolled out - at the very least allow a Contact to be a "Partner"

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

Hey HubSpot Community,

Customizable lifecycle stages are coming. But because lifecycle stage is such a deeply rooted part of the platform, we must manage this change with a lot of care (i.e. a lot of communication, testing, and iteration).

We are looking for customers who are new to HubSpot or early on in the setup process of their HubSpot accounts to test the alpha experience. If this applies and you are willing to provide feedback to the team, please fill out this form.

Many thanks

ELanyon
Participant

The link isn't working for me but we're interested in the beta test.

Thank you,
Erica

NigelNewton

4 years is a crazy amount of time for a feature request to remain in backlog.

My simple ask is to give us access to the default settings. 

When I set up a contact, I want to have the Lifecycle stage default be "Lead" as opposed to "Subscriber" and I'd like the Lead Status to default to "new" instead of being blank. 

While we're on the same default settings. If I add a Contact to a Company profile and their email address is the same as the domain on the company, then I'd like the Company setting in their profile to auto populate.

More automation = happier users!

ELanyon
Participant

I agree @NigelNewton ! Good suggestion!

impulsekring
Contributor | Elite Partner

@ybaptiste Can you allow access to the link you posted?

impulsekring_0-1631915382435.png

Aemacst
Participant

@ybaptiste would love to join the beta testing for this but the form is not working. Same issue as users above.

hellonaturalpod

This is desperately needed.  Lifecycle needs to offer customizable lifestyle stage names; and being able to report on it (the time frame between each stage conversion & the precentage of contacts converting to the different stages).   Bonus: reporting on lead status as well. 

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

Hey HubSpot community. 

Exciting new. Lifecycle stage customization is in beta. We are looking to give beta access to new portals or those early in the setup process. If you're interested in getting early access to customizable lifecycle stages, please fill out this form, which you all should be able to access now. 

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

Hey HubSpot community, 

Some exciting news. We are moving custom lifecycle stages to public beta. This means anyone who would like to try the new experience is welcome to customize HubSpot's default lifecycle stages to better reflect their business.  You can learn more about the experience, along with how to configure stages, here.

If you're interested in gaining early access to the beta, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.

Thank you all for helping us build the best CRM in the world
MMalo
Participant

I agree that the lifecycle stage is not a one-size-fits and needs the option to edit.  This would be a huge game-changer for many businesses instead of having us add our own proprieties which just adds another step and more work in the workflow areas of things to get contacts sorted into the right groups for sales and marketing.