HubSpot Ideas

Riki

I've closed a ticket but then automation platform moves the status to waiting on contact.

I was told: "the workflow is a couple of seconds behind you in updating based on the email sending trigger and setting the status to Waiting on Customer."

If I close it again the client gets 2 feedback forms..bit embarrassing.
Only option is to either refresh the page and then close OR send my email and close out the ticket 30 seconds later.

Should be able to close right away without messing things up.

2 Replies
dpr

We have the same issue. It seems like the automation should check the ticket status before updating it. Something like this:

IF ticket status == "closed"

THEN end workflow

ELSE update ticket status to "waiting on contact"

That way if a service rep closes the ticket manually before the automation kicks in, the automation won't undo their work.

It seems like the only time an automation would need to re-open a ticket is if a contact sends a new message. I can't think of any other time when a ticket would need to be re-opened automatically.

dpr

For anyone else who is having this issue, I was able to create a workaround by disabling the built-in HubSpot automation for our support pipeline and creating my own workflow.  I cloned HubSpot's workflow and kept the same trigger criteria, but I added an if/then branch to check the ticket status before taking an action. This has solved the problem for us.