HubSpot Ideas

ltaylor

Hyperlink Images - Social Media

My team and i would like the option to hyperlink images in our Social Posts. Visuals seem to get more engagement and if our audience could click on the image and get to a landing page, it would simplify the workflow. I like to lead users to landing pages when I release new videos, so if they could click on my video thumbnail image and be taken to the landing page immediately, that would be awesome!

12 Replies
WaydeChristie1
Contributor

Hey there,

I don't think it's possible to add links to images in social posts.

If you add a link in your post, Facebook will grab the OpenGraph image from the link URL and display it in your post, including the link, which will make it clickable.

But it's not possible to upload an image to a post and then wrap a link around it.

Happy to be proven wrong of course!

MHeimlich
Participant

I am currently struggling to do the same and I hope that this option can be implemented on HubSpot within the future

inigolekunberri
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi @WaydeChristie1, what about this case?

1.- Upload a pdf or jpg file to HubSpot (Marketing > Files and Templates > Files).

2.- Insert the URL of the file in a social post (for example LinkedIn) from HubSpot. 

HubSpot should display a clickable image in the post, but is just inserting the link, without the image: 

Captura de Pantalla 2022-05-11 a las 12.45.27.png

Thank you in advance and best regards

T_Zammit
Participant

I really want this new feature to be available. Such a headache to schedule it in LinkedIn directly. Was using Sprout Social before and they had it as a standard feature.

AnyaP

Our company previously used Oktopost, which had the functionality for clickable images. We'd really like to see this feature added to Hubspot asap.

Hiltz

We would like to see this feature added. 

GPetridou9

We would really like this feature to be available. It would make it easier for our audience to click the CTA and hyperlinks we add to our social media posts and get traffic to our website.

lindahouben
Contributor | Elite Partner

This is a key feature of LinkedIn, and should be available in HubSpot. 

PBaffourAwuah

This is really a no-brainer. There's no reason this feature shouldn't exist.

AGallimore

Agree - we need this feature. Our social images have CTAs and it's a huge pain to go in and post them at the desired time instead of being able to schedule it out. 

JGarcia171

Following -We would like to see this feature added as well.

slevitt2000

Must have!  Please Prioritize on Roadmap