HubSpot Ideas

scottd

Hubspot Knowledge Base API

It appears from the API Docs and searching the Dev forum that this API is available but not documented.  It also appears according to the article below to not allow access to the content itself but rather a link.  We would move our glossary, blog and release notes to Hubspot potentially if this API were more robust.  We currently use contentful to manage content and provide API access to it.  

https://integrate.hubspot.com/t/knowledge-base-articles-api-for-search-and-get-content/11428

35 Commentaires
mmaddux
Participant

We would like the ability to push content within our Hubspot knowledge base to an outside host similar to what you can currently do with Hubspot's blog content.

mcosman
Participant

We are scanning software vendors for updates using our own tool.. and would like to publish the result straight to a kb article. Save manual labor time and getting our customers.more quickly up to date.

JessHurwitz
Membre

We would like to be able to pull content via API from our HubSpot knowledge base and be able to use the content on our public web site (not hosted on HubSpot CMS).  An example of this would be to pull all the KB articles that are tagged as FAQ's and present them on our web page on a FAQ's page. This should be very simple and would be beneficial to many. Having the HubSpot KB as a separate entity is not practical for today. Plus we would also like additional controls for the KB to be able to use our CSS styling with it so that it appears to match our web site and app site. The KB is nice but it appears to be an orphan when you go from site to site.

tjkns
Membre

+1 for Knowledge Base API

We currently use hubspot Blog API to display articles, customer stories and some other content on our company website. Given that hubspot provide a specific product for 'Help Center' style articles it would be very nice to access this data through an API and achieve a similar result to the custom integration we have with the Blog API. 

Any CMS data which can be created through the hubspot UI should always be accessible through an API. 

FriendlyManager
Participant

Hi guys we are really keen to see this functionality - do you have an idea on when we might see this?

Statut mis à jour : Not Currently Planned
Snaedis
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for posting about how you would use knowledge base APIs. I'm updating this post to "Not currently planned" - emphasis on currently! - so you know what to expect for the near future.

That said, I completely agree with @tjkns - any content in HubSpot should be available via APIs. Any action, for that matter, that you can take in the UI should also be possible via APIs (I know this opinion is shared by many, if not all, of my colleagues). Right now our teams are focused on completing some other big projects. We'll be re-evaluating priorities as these projects are completed and I will update this thread when I have more information for you. 

Until then, I appreciate your patience! Upvotes and new posts about use cases are welcome, we use these posts in the Community to guide our roadmap. 

- Snaedis 

JDumbrille
Participant

Upvoted! I hope this gains traction soon. two and a half years and counting since raised. Putting our notes and instructions in Hubspot is great, but managing them there is time intensive and begs several questions! 

Bodyment
Participant

Thought this would be available, is there any chance of getting the knowledge base API implemented? We were planning on using on-site FAQ page!

JoeMayall
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hey folks, 

there's been some recent chatter on this thread, so I wanted to hop in and provide an update. 

At this time this feature request is still "Not Currently Planned", with emphasis on currently. Our Product team hears you loud and clear, and as Snaedis said in her comment, we agree that all HubSpot content should be accessible through API. Unfortunately, at this time, our resources are committed elsewhere.

As we hope to get to this one day, we greatly appreciate your feedback. Please continue to leave comments on this thread letting us know how you would use this feature request.

Best,

Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

JDumbrille
Participant

Hey Joe, I'm one of the ones chattering as you put it.  We would use the API to inject new, and revise existing KB release notes and documentation. Depending on how an API is implemented, we might also reuse the API to pull out posted KB documentation from limited catetories - for use in searchable help in multiple web apps.

Bodyment
Participant

Hey @JDumbrille, thanks for the response 🙂
This is exactly whats needed. We can use forms for contact pages but with the added functionality to pull categories, search results and articles from the KB over API this would benefit the service platform.

Even more so if it was built into the hubspot wordpress plugin! This would really assist UX for some users.

I look forward to an update on this feature and thanks again for taking the time to post. Hopefully this thread gains even more traction so we can push this update 🤞

tsoperator
Membre

This is strongly encouraged!  When can we expect this API to be available?

IFrimere
Membre

We offer translation services (human and machine) to help mutual clients get their Hubspot content professionally translated. We recently had a prospect ask about an efficient way of translating their ServiceHub content without requiring copy/paste or access controls to outsiders. Without an API we won't be able to do this. Thanks.

tothz
Participant

This is strongly encouraged!  When can we expect this API to be available?

JBeatty
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond

I know it's not currently planned, but I wanted to express my interest in this API here.

ALedesma
Membre

+1 for Knowledge Base API

arlogilbert
Contributeur

+1 here - the inability to make content available to our own custom search tools as well as the inability to do things like sync content from one system into hubspot or vice versa is killing us. It's the only support tool we can find that bills itself as enterprise but doesn't have a basic way to read/write content.

Honestly of all the hubspot products we pay for the knowledgbase feels like it is languishing and not very well planned.

MEA9
Membre

+1
Glad to see we are not the only company which needs this (actually all) functions available via API.
For all the contents we would really love some kind of "headless cms" API so we could use it cross device and in most flexible ways.
@SnaedisAny news on this topic?
Thanks a lot

kunin_ai
Membre

+1 this would be super useful for our company as well.

RCoolen
Membre

+1 we would like to migrate our Knowledgebase to Hubspot, but without an API connection we cannot link to the issues from our product.