HubSpot Ideas

Teun

Hubl - register shortcodes

As a developer for a Hubspot agency I would love to have the option to register shortcodes. WordPress offers this functionality and it gives our marketeers the option to render styled elements in a rich content field.

As Hubspot currently has some limitations on the native rich content module and the blog content module, it would help us a lot if we can use styled elements without having to change the markup through the 'Browse code' option. It is rather inneficient if our marketeers have to add HTML and CSS classes in the editor.

I would suggest creating a hook that we can call to register shortcodes. When a marketeer uses this shortcode, we should have a function available to replace the contents of this shortcode with Hubl. It is important this shortcode would have the option to pass arguments to the function so we can use these arguments in Hubl.

1 Reply
katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hey Teun,

Thanks for submitting this idea. We have talked about building this feature before since it is such a handy feature in WordPress. It's not currently planned because we're putting our focus on other features now, but we are working on more ways developers can affect rich text. I do see us revisiting this feature in the future as well!

Thanks again,

Katie