HubSpot Ideas

EvanN

HubSpot sales task pane for Office 365 outlook for web obscures message

HubSpot sales task pane for Office 365 outlook for web obscures message

This article explains that the add-in task pane must be open in Office 365 Outlook for web browser and pinned when you send a logged and tracked email: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/customize-your-hubspot-sales-office-365-add-in#pin-the-...

However, the add-in task pane obscures the message you are trying to compose or read. Because of this, most of my team therefore close the task pane when composing or reading an email which therefore means the emails are not logged or tracked. 

Is there a way to fix this?
2 Comentarios
danmoyle
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Elite

When I read this as a shortcoming in HubSpot, I was surprised. It doesn't seem user-friendly at all. Hopefully it's an update we can get. 

CSL1
Miembro

Our business has recently switched from using Gmail to Office365/Outlook, and the discovery of this experience has been horrendous. 

The plug-in worked exceptionally well for Gmail, but with Outlook the team are constantly failing to log emails correctly to Hubspot because it's all too easy to close the plug-in, and given the amount of screen asset required, not desirable to have it permanently open.

I would love to see a solution which is far more passive, not requiring anything to be pinned/open.