HubSpot Ideas

segall12

HubSpot Sales Extension for Safari

Any plans for those who use gmail through Safari? Seems like a very glaring ommission as a supported browser

Thanks,

Lorne

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
March 18, 2020 08:28 AM

At this time, HubSpot does not plan to build specifically for Safari because we are not able to bring a comparable experience to Firefox that we have for Gmail and Outlook. As we evaluate other enabling technologies like Google add-ons, we will revisit this idea in the future but for now we are not planning to build a Safari specific solution.

136 Replies
Hami
Member | Partner

Yes! Hubspot extension on Safari would be amazing. User experience of Chrome on Mac has been on the down slide for a while!

lourou

I'd love to help on building this browser extension for Safari. Is there someone at Hubspot whom we could reach out to?

noeIboss
Member | Elite Partner

Please Support Safari. It's the only reason I use Chrome, and only for Gmail. Hubspot forcing me to use an inferior Browser leaves a very sourt taste on the image of Hubspot.

ConversionCrew
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Please (re)consider developing a Safari extension. Safari is the second most popular browser in the world (19%) and has way better privacy features than Chrome (which have only further improved this year). Aside from privacy, Safari is also the fastest browser on Macs. Would be great if we'd no longer be forced to use Chrome!

lourou

Any idea to make the product team react on this thread? I forwarded it to our account manager at Hubspot, but no news from the product team for weeks...

MMT
Contributor

HUBSPOT - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH O365 OUTLOOK FOR MAC - PLEASE FIX!!

Background

Microsoft released  O365 version Outlook for Mac in September 2020.

Issues - Hubspot not compatible with O365 Outlook for Mac

We've been following up and chasing Hubspot for over 14 months, trying to troubleshoot with ongoing issues with not being able to use Outlook for Mac for sending/receiving emails and tracking and Hubspots features within Outlook and Hubspot.    HubSpot have only just now, 14 months later, advised us that hat HubSpot is NOT compatible with Outlook for Mac that was released Sept 2020.  Its been 14 months since Microsoft released Of365 Outlook for Mac, and its hard to fathom, that Hubspot, after 14 months and lots of its own devoted Hubspot users been screaming out to release its own Hubspot extension so that it can be compatible, that there seems to be no plans whatsover by Hubspot to make and Microsoft O365 Outlook for Mac compatitible.  

Any update? 

ConversionCrew
Contributor | Diamond Partner

@MMT please check if there's a topic about that or start a new one. This topic is about a Safari extension for HubSpot Sales, it's not about Outlook.

sj2

You can add me to this long and growing list of people who have been asking for this feature for almost 4 years...

FloAZ

Dear Santa, I have been very good this year. Could I get an extension for Gmail on Safari? Thank you very much 🎄🎅🎁

Reinis
Participant

I am also waiting for Hubspot to work with Safari.

than

NEED this extension. Chrome is absolute garbage on Mac. 

JLG1

+1 to this. The absence of a HubSpot plugin for any browser other than Chrome is motivating our company to start demoing HubSpot alternatives for when our paid term is up. It's unfortunate that a subscription to HubSpot forces mac users to run a browser that is such a drag on system performance that it would be fair to say that HubSpot actually decreases my team's productivity. This seems antithetical to HubSpot's mission and something they would want to correct, but what do I know 🤔

cl_manatal

Hi,

As a Macbook User, I prefer using the browser optimized for my OS due to battery and RAM performance reasons. This post is to kindly request the development of a Safari extension for HubSpot Sales.

Thank you

hawaiinews

Happy New Year! Ready to reconsider?

raajc

I agree - this would enable a lot of flexibility for my team.

tfelds

+1  - going on 5+ years for this request. For all of the reasons previously stated. Super disappointed.

claudiococuzza

Vergogna, supportare 1 solo browser non è tecnologicamente inclusivo!

mohamadh1

We will also like to show our interest on this development. most mac users uses Safari

mediatown-paul
Member | Diamond Partner

Agreed! I use safari as we development team to test on Mac OS, iPad OS, and iOS. The ability to switch device makes life a lot easier. Not a huge fan of Chrome. A safari extension would be so useful. 

JMartino0
Participant

100% agreed.  I'm not a fan of an app or CRM that's tied to a preferred browser.